Brewing Vlog's you've been watching.

I love the way this guy patiently shows you all the parts, talks about them, and then assembles the whole unit.
Yeah he's the guru man I've learnt alot from this bloke over the years.
He's like an authorive figure to me when it comes to hombrewing I'd imagine for a lot more brewers in general.
He doesn't jazz it up speaks plain English to you that's understandable and relatable.

Yeah he's the guru man I've learnt alot from this bloke over the years.
He's like an authorive figure to me when it comes to hombrewing I'd imagine for a lot more brewers in general.
He doesn't jazz it up speaks plain English to you that's understandable and relatable.

When I first started all grain, I used this guys videos as a tutorial. He also shows you all the steps and doesn't just assume you know them. These videos are from 2013, so a bit old school now but, I still pretty much follow these same steps.

Brewing an Imperial Stout (and maybe a standard stout too...) with Joe PT 1
Brewing an Imperial Stout (and maybe a standard stout too...) with Joe PT 2

3 t 4t544r re t tt t r44r t t t r5t t 5r5 t r re 4
When I first started all grain, I used this guys videos as a tutorial. He also shows you all the steps and doesn't just assume you know them. These videos are from 2013, so a bit old school now but, I still pretty much follow these same steps.

Brewing an Imperial Stout (and maybe a standard stout too...) with Joe PT 1
Brewing an Imperial Stout (and maybe a standard stout too...) with Joe PT 2
Someone mashing in a cooler don't see that much anymore and without a BIAB bag:D.
Oh i think Chip Walton still mashes in an esky and his bad arse side kick Don Osborn now them too are also in my books trail blazers well youtube trail blazers.

I did do one mash in an esky but switched to biab next batch when I started.
I remember stressing soo much over the little things too.
Oh yeah I mashed in some stockings as a biab bag too :D!

I'll check em out later when I get better reception.

This was cool from Craft Beer Chanel sort of like a snap judgement score of big name Marco lager beer.

He's got a better pallete than me I find his descriptions pretty cool

A few brewers on here have been thinking of low ABV beer brewing.
I really think this method has got merrit.
I did this partgyle type thing on a barleywine mash years ago and the results were crushable.
Tannin extraction from sparging to too low PPG might put some off but I'm thinking with having a crack even if it's a half batch...

A few brewers on here have been thinking of low ABV beer brewing.
I really think this method has got merrit.
I did this partgyle type thing on a barleywine mash years ago and the results were crushable.
Tannin extraction from sparging to too low PPG might put some off but I'm thinking with having a crack even if it's a half batch...

Is this any different to SMALL BEER that used to be what they gave to kids after brewing the adult stuff. I'll need to take a look but not having a keg etc would be a non starter for me.

Is this any different to SMALL BEER that used to be what they gave to kids after brewing the adult stuff. I'll need to take a look but not having a keg etc would be a non starter for me.
The keg is there to trap carbonation produced from the small amount of residual sugars left in the wort 1.005 was his OG.

So here is what you can do Alan.
It would be a big brew day....
Brew your first batch. Keep spent mash grains.
Then sparge and boil the "Low Alcohol " beer.
Chill down with Imersion Chiller or whatever chilling method you use. I would imagine NO Chill would be just fine.

Now transfer to bottling bucket pitch your yeast give it a good stir - then bottle the beer.

Fermentation should carb your bottle for you...

What do you rekon?

The keg is there to trap carbonation produced from the small amount of residual sugars left in the wort 1.005 was his OG.

So here is what you can do Alan.
It would be a big brew day....
Brew your first batch. Keep spent mash grains.
Then sparge and boil the "Low Alcohol " beer.
Chill down with Imersion Chiller or whatever chilling method you use. I would imagine NO Chill would be just fine.

Now transfer to bottling bucket pitch your yeast give it a good stir - then bottle the beer.

Fermentation should carb your bottle for you...

What do you rekon?
You shouldn't need to boil for long too.
If I were to do it I'd go 10mins.
The tricky part would be bittering.
I'd hop it Good with a no chill hop stand addition let it cool overnight then pitch RWS next day and let what will be be:)

Oh also if bottling you've got way more expierence than me on this but you wanna make sure of that starting gravity that it won't bump your carbonation into the danger bomb territory.
But .005 gravity points I'm sure will provide some fizz.

I'd go for higher c02 volumes too I'm thinking quite a lite fizzy effervescent hop watery beer.

I may well give it a go. My next brew will be my 3 legged dog IPA that will have 6kg of mixed grains so plenty to work with. It has no bittering hops in the boil - all aroma, whirlpool and Dry hops so will need a big hit of hops to get it drinkable perhaps... who knows? I have lots of hops here so we will see.

Back