Brewing Vlog's you've been watching.

Some new Novalager yeast from lallamand pretty cool stuff it sounds.
This is for Aus but I'm sure it'll be available soon where you are.

Some new Novalager yeast from lallamand pretty cool stuff it sounds.
This is for Aus but I'm sure it'll be available soon where you are.
Hmm, sounds like something to look into for a first time lager brewer. I'd run out of beer long before I could lager one. One fermenter, one fermenting chamber. Short of going to smaller batches, it is what it is. Then, temperature control might turn into a nightmare in one chamber. Just have to choose similar beers with the same yeast, I reckon. Gonna check Amazon to see if it's available here yet.

Hmm, sounds like something to look into for a first time lager brewer. I'd run out of beer long before I could lager one. One fermenter, one fermenting chamber. Short of going to smaller batches, it is what it is. Then, temperature control might turn into a nightmare in one chamber. Just have to choose similar beers with the same yeast, I reckon. Gonna check Amazon to see if it's available here yet.
Lager is just a word;).
I rarely brew lager traditionally.
It's easier than you think.:)
Harder to produce great lager but the ones I've made do the trick for my tastes...

...or get a second fermenter. Home Depot sells em in the 5 gallon version. :rolleyes:

Saw this tonight and had to share it with you all.
Looks like whitelabs have got a new yeast pouch on the market available to us Hombrewers soon!
Interesting new reusable yeast pouch don't wanna pitch the whole lot or brew small batch beer and pitch half use half later well here is your answer.
Cool

Saw this tonight and had to share it with you all.
Looks like whitelabs have got a new yeast pouch on the market available to us Hombrewers soon!
Interesting new reusable yeast pouch don't wanna pitch the whole lot or brew small batch beer and pitch half use half later well here is your answer.
Cool
That will be great for us small batch brewers.

Do we have a thread like this for interesting links?
Recently came across a spreadsheet for deciding when to start spunding and another of effect of temperature on Voss Kveik

@Trialben Cheers! I am subscribed to this channel but so far have only watched a few of their videos. This guy is super hyper and I think he screwed up by calling it a 'bitter' blind test when by the end before he even states it; we already know they aren't all bitters and shouldn't have been judged so ala hop content etc etc. But that's just being picky as it is informative and an entertaining watch - not going to knock a guy for being enthusiastic about my favourite hobby - also it took my mind off the build up to playing an away match to the runaway leaders on an unconventional night for football (oh and the result was a very credible 0-0).

Pick out for me here is Aldi's Ruby Ale over the Hobgoblin it supposedly copied. I have seen it in my local store so may be tempted. Aldi is hit or miss imho. Some great booze - not just beer - but some stuff that hasn't quite had enough thought or effort put in as was apparent with the other one of theirs which he tried. Lost in there somewhere I was waiting for my favourite brewery but did not hear him mention Woodfordes even though it did flash on screen during one of the rounds.

One serious question I do have to raise is: how much is your palette affected by the previous beers tasted in such a test? After the results are in he is saying that one he marked down now tastes pretty good.

@Trialben Cheers! I am subscribed to this channel but so far have only watched a few of their videos. This guy is super hyper and I think he screwed up by calling it a 'bitter' blind test when by the end before he even states it; we already know they aren't all bitters and shouldn't have been judged so ala hop content etc etc. But that's just being picky as it is informative and an entertaining watch - not going to knock a guy for being enthusiastic about my favourite hobby - also it took my mind off the build up to playing an away match to the runaway leaders on an unconventional night for football (oh and the result was a very credible 0-0).

Pick out for me here is Aldi's Ruby Ale over the Hobgoblin it supposedly copied. I have seen it in my local store so may be tempted. Aldi is hit or miss imho. Some great booze - not just beer - but some stuff that hasn't quite had enough thought or effort put in as was apparent with the other one of theirs which he tried. Lost in there somewhere I was waiting for my favourite brewery but did not hear him mention Woodfordes even though it did flash on screen during one of the rounds.

One serious question I do have to raise is: how much is your palette affected by the previous beers tasted in such a test? After the results are in he is saying that one he marked down now tastes pretty good.
You must admit he wasn't far off on the hobgoblin ;).

He's got a heck of a tester pallet Johnny boy! I'm pretty sure he got the Timothy Taylor's Landlord too.

You must admit he wasn't far off on the hobgoblin ;).

He's got a heck of a tester pallet Johnny boy! I'm pretty sure he got the Timothy Taylor's Landlord too.
Well if you watch him regularly you are bound to have a good idea of how consistent he is. Crams a lot of explanation in succinctly for sure. I can't disagree on the Hobgoblin but at least I got a free glass to make up for it and can use that for my test bottles.

Anyway, great theme for a thread. Not had chance to read all the pages yet but I have watched a few videos of the Back to Basics channel you posted. I can't be 100% but if I am not mistaken it was he whom made a video about a priming product from Australia which doesn't leave sediment. A while back now but it got my attention and stuck in my memory bank if not my bookmarks.

Well if you watch him regularly you are bound to have a good idea of how consistent he is. Crams a lot of explanation in succinctly for sure. I can't disagree on the Hobgoblin but at least I got a free glass to make up for it and can use that for my test bottles.

Anyway, great theme for a thread. Not had chance to read all the pages yet but I have watched a few videos of the Back to Basics channel you posted. I can't be 100% but if I am not mistaken it was he whom made a video about a priming product from Australia which doesn't leave sediment. A while back now but it got my attention and stuck in my memory bank if not my bookmarks.
Yeah I love me some youtube Brewing content craft beer channel are up there in the top five for me for sure.
I just love the places these too lucky dudes get to go and visit in pursuit of drinking beer like monasteries that German historical brewing book and their trips to America and Norway ect.

Yeah I can't remember this priming sugar one.
I think Johnny boy got more into Hombrewing through the covid lock down years.
Remember he brewed that Mild or cask ale and he bought a beer engine and was pouring authentic cask ale at home durin lockdown:p!

Yeah originally when i first used to watch their content it was just them going to places and drinking craft beer or any beer for that matter.
Their trip to Czechoslovakia brewery Pilsner Urkel brewery was an awesome inspirational video I also remember from a couple of years back.
It really makes you wanna try and brew "that" beer or fail trying :rolleyes: lol!

Anyhow they've never ventured to Australia but their is a big following down here and craft beer in Aus keeps getting bigger so I can only imagine one day they'll front up to some of the bars here in the land of OZ!

The travelling is impressive. They deserve credit for that even if they didn't know what they were talking about. Oz would be one hell of a trip deserving of some kind of red carpet treatment. I think the first one of theirs I watched was covering Porter which I was researching following a talk I watched Iain Sinclair give on a non-brewing YT channel I tune into regularly (can't get away from beer for long LOL). One of his ancestors was involved in the early development of the drink. I got fascinated by this beer and everything pointed to having a bash at it. One of the best life decisions I have ever made. So yes I also fully appreciate the value of YT and lockdown only reinforced that. I was posting homebrewing links to people frustrated at not being able to go to their local boozer. That kicked off with me commenting about enjoying a glass of stout swiftly responded to by an angry guy from Ireland thinking I was on a windup mission. Johnny wasn't the only one who upped his game. We have to make the most of these situations. You can't beat turning a bad thing into a good one :D

I got pointed to this one
https://www.youtube.com/@denbryggandehollandaren

Don't worry, it's in English.
A Dutch guy in Swrden that closed his brewery and gives out all his recipes, but he is also going to brew from scratch
Grow barley, malt, harvest yeast and all.
I've only watched the first episode. Looks like it is going to be fun

I got pointed to this one
https://www.youtube.com/@denbryggandehollandaren

Don't worry, it's in English.
A Dutch guy in Swrden that closed his brewery and gives out all his recipes, but he is also going to brew from scratch
Grow barley, malt, harvest yeast and all.
I've only watched the first episode. Looks like it is going to be fun
Sounds like a ripper Zambezi thanks for sharing the link

So unlike the flying Dutchman he's the brewing Dutchman I love it!

Back