Brewing Vlog's you've been watching.

That's cool I'm in that store all the time. I get my Co2 tank filled there too.
You thought about brewing this 100th anniversary beer Stephen?
If so I've got a copy from Chip I can flick ya

I thought this was interesting. Counterpressre bottle filling with only a carb cap. It obviously works, and Dr Hans thinks it would last a week.

I thought this was interesting. Counterpressre bottle filling with only a carb cap. It obviously works, and Dr Hans thinks it would last a week.

It's got some restriction my end :( maybe I'm not old enough to view:eek::D

If you want to see it try going to you tube first and then searching "Dr Hans Brewery." That might work. Or ask your mom to take off the parental control :)

If you want to see it try going to you tube first and then searching "Dr Hans Brewery." That might work. Or ask your mom to take off the parental control :)
Ha:D yeah better call Mummy.
New phone so must have some restriction setting.
Weird that a hombrew vid would be restricted lol

Ha:D yeah better call Mummy.
New phone so must have some restriction setting.
Weird that a hombrew vid would be restricted lol
I think it's a you tube thing. Extra cautious. Maybe not.

Been following this for awhile Craft ale from the craft beer Channel.
I'd love to have a taste of some traditional Cask ale over in the UK some day!
This is part 4 .
@AHarper and @Steve SPF would know more about the ins and outs of a real smack on craft cask beer I'm sure...

I just discovered CBC a few days ago and have been logging a lot of time with Jonny and Brad and you are dead on about the Cask beer series. It is really good..even know we don't make real beer...:rolleyes:

This really makes me appreciate the great profession of brewing your own beer at home.
It's not just a recent thing check this clip out soooo cool one of the best I've seen in a long time.
Let me know what you think?

I love that 20 years later he's still using that same brewey equipment.
Man I hope I'm this dude on 20 years time :)

This really makes me appreciate the great profession of brewing your own beer at home.
It's not just a recent thing check this clip out soooo cool one of the best I've seen in a long time.

You beat me to it.... Just watching this now - Excellent

The guy doing the Film (no such luxury of video then) sounds a bit like Peter Scott the ornithologist.

Last edited:
You beat me to it.... Just watching this now - Excellent

The guy doing the Film (no such luxury of video then) sounds a bit like Peter Scott the ornithologist.
Ah yeah great video.
You rekon you'll be using the same brew equipment in 20 years time like this bloke

Ah yeah great video.
You rekon you'll be using the same brew equipment in 20 years time like this bloke
I'll be 87 by then... and not likely to be in a place with the same facilities and probably too hot to brew anything lol

That was an awesome video! I love the look and feel of his brewhouse and the fact that not much has changed in 20 years. Although the video quality isn't up to today's standards, it's still a great all-grain tutorial.
Plus I learned a few things:
1) In 1990 he used imperial units and in 2011 he used metric. I thought all of Britain went metric in the 70s.
2) A barrel is 36 gallons; half a barrel is a killigan; half a killigan is a firkin; half a firken is a pin. And a pin is ~4.5 gallons. I know that @Steve SPF mentioned pins and firkins but, I never knew the factor of 2 in each level.
3) The proper temperature to serve a British Bitter is 56°F

Last edited:

I thought it was fantastic! Just some farmer using his wits and grit to make beer...loved the fermentation collar....very high tech but that boar wanted his SBG ...now!

I started it and realized it is an hour, will have to circle back on this when I have an hour to spare alone...

Great Vid from CB&B, you probably need to be a subscriber to view this though...
Video is about brewing lower ABV beers, and actually encourages you to brew lower ABV versions of your beers but keep the flavor, body etc.
https://beerandbrewing.com/full-vid...tent=Brewing+Techniques+for+Low+Alcohol+Beers
Just saw an add for Athletic Brewing Co. during the Olympics, and it got me wondering, why not low ABV beer rather than …[insert favorite all-day beverage]

Back