Beer of the Month

@Yooper what became of this thread Yooper weren't you going to brew em all and select your yummiest 1st prise :D.

1st Prize gets Palmer book on water doesn't She/he or a pound of the hops of their choice! Ok I'll stop dreaming.

@Yooper what became of this thread Yooper weren't you going to brew em all and select your yummiest 1st prise :D.

1st Prize gets Palmer book on water doesn't She/he or a pound of the hops of their choice! Ok I'll stop dreaming.

It sort of died, didn't it? I'll think about resurrecting it soon- I think the only "prize" will be to feature the recipe in an upcoming newsletter. It would be 10 seconds of fame for the submitter, and my thanks as well.

Here’s a new entry, another beer I love and can’t put down

Ozarks Vienna Blonde
Would a simple 5/12ths conversion work to go from your 12 gallon recipe to a 5 gallon batch. I am assuming so, but just in case, I thought I’d ask. Looks like that will be our next brew after the Banana Nut Bread Ale that we’ll be brewing this weekend. In lieu of the Dan-Star BR97, I am thinking on Wyeast 1217. Thoughts?

this is converted to a 5.5g in the fermenter
FERMENTABLES:
6 lb - American - Pilsner
3 lb - American - Vienna
2 lb - Flaked Rice

HOPS:
0.5 oz - Magnum,
1 oz - Hallertau Mittelfruh,

Would a simple 5/12ths conversion work to go from your 12 gallon recipe to a 5 gallon batch. I am assuming so, but just in case, I thought I’d ask. Looks like that will be our next brew after the Banana Nut Bread Ale that we’ll be brewing this weekend. In lieu of the Dan-Star BR97, I am thinking on Wyeast 1217. Thoughts?
This does look like a nice easy drinker for the warmer months.
As for subbing 1217, that should work great. Won't be too far off the danstar

yes just changed that last night, I'm recreating an old German beer just like they did just for fun and changed it to a 15 gallon batch so ill need the extra sugar for the loss in efficiency

So this thread is stickied at the top of the list - Yooper can you add the recent winner winnner's recipe to this thread?

Maybe others will start posting again . I like seeing the entries

Back