1st Quarter Brew 2023

No Talus. :(

I ended up increasing the Mosaic and Citra late addition to make up the difference. I hope this doesn't change the flavor too much. The aroma of the cooled sample was really nice.
I substituted cascade for the talus.

Kegging. Decided to skip the gelatin... don't mind this one being hazy if the aroma stays close to what it is right now :)

Kegging. Decided to skip the gelatin... don't mind this one being hazy if the aroma stays close to what it is right now :)

Picture didn't load but I still liked it!

No Talus. :(

I ended up increasing the Mosaic and Citra late addition to make up the difference. I hope this doesn't change the flavor too much. The aroma of the cooled sample was really nice.
Hey use what you've got you know I definitely would.
This beer is just a base to try hops on and your doing just that and make sure you use plenty :) which you did!

Hope you like it
tastes good so far. the cascade seemed to be close. lots of floral and pine.

with all the wheat in that recipe I assume this does not clear up?

Last edited:
Well my Bunyip is in the fermenter and all went well. Wasn't sure about the o min hops at 100c so just cut the heat added hops waited 10 min cooled to 170 F added the other hops waited another 10 min and finished cooling.

Went in the keg today. So far I really liked it, it is not as hoppy as you would think considering the amount of hops used. The mosaic makes a very nice earthy flavor with a bit of lemon from somewhere

Decided to tap it this morning after brewing. Great mix of citrus and floral aroma... not too overpowering though.

I missed the numbers a bit because I've changed my mash setup (went from a SS braided tube to a brew bag)... efficiency went from 65% to 80%, so this baby is packing a little more ABV than planned.

Thanks for the recipe @Trialben!

IMG-2332.jpg

60 gallons of spring water is gonna make a whole lotta beer!

Well, for an 11 gallon batch of the Bunyip2.0 I needed about 19 gallons, that leaves me with enough water for something else. No need to bring back halve a barrel.

Decided to tap it this morning after brewing. Great mix of citrus and floral aroma... not too overpowering though.

I missed the numbers a bit because I've changed my mash setup (went from a SS braided tube to a brew bag)... efficiency went from 65% to 80%, so this baby is packing a little more ABV than planned.

Thanks for the recipe @Trialben!

View attachment 24018
Ah that looks gorgeous man!

Colour looks spot on that orange colour in the sun

Back