1st Quarter Brew 2023

I’m sorry to have derailed this thread from its awesome root, Ben’s Bunyip. But thanks you all for inspirational ideas. I just might have something up my sleeve.

Kegged the Bunyip.

1.050 —-> 1.010
80% from BRY-97
5.25%

Such a great aroma and the taste from the fermenter sample has so much promise. Will get it carbed up and tapped next weekend. Super Bowl beer!

2BEB016C-4318-41D7-ADC7-F64DA5941318.jpeg

Carbonation check ;)
IMG_20230203_163551.jpg

I'll leave the other bottles for a little longer.

Taste is very different from what I am used to.
There is fruit, but I'm used to tutti of the frutti coming from the yeast.
There definitely is hop. On my upper limit. But I like it and got the feeling I'll be brewing it again ;)

How long does BRY-97 usually take to get going? To my knowledge it is basically the same strain as US-05. It's been close to 24 hours and I'm not seeing any activity yet. I used VOSS my last several brews, feeling like a bit of rookie brewer right now...

How long does BRY-97 usually take to get going? To my knowledge it is basically the same strain as US-05. It's been close to 24 hours and I'm not seeing any activity yet. I used VOSS my last several brews, feeling like a bit of rookie brewer right now...
Definitely not the same as US-05.

I find it depends on the pitch temp. The colder you pitch, the longer it takes to show signs. If you pitched low 60’s F, 24-30 hours isn’t out of the question. Upper 60’s, I would say that you should have noticed something by now. Regardless, it’ll get going.

Carbonation check ;)
View attachment 24095
I'll leave the other bottles for a little longer.

Taste is very different from what I am used to.
There is fruit, but I'm used to tutti of the frutti coming from the yeast.
There definitely is hop. On my upper limit. But I like it and got the feeling I'll be brewing it again ;)
That looks great Zambezi!

That is when I do mine too. Just soon enough that it will purge the headspace again

This is my first pressure fermentation, and first time using the bry97. I understand that fermentation happens a bit quicker under pressure, I will have to keep an eye on it:)

This is my first pressure fermentation, and first time using the bry97. I understand that fermentation happens a bit quicker under pressure, I will have to keep an eye on it:)
An extra week causes no harm. To the beer.

Back