1st Quarter Brew 2023

This is my first pressure fermentation, and first time using the bry97. I understand that fermentation happens a bit quicker under pressure, I will have to keep an eye on it:)
No so much quicker the pressure exerts osmotic pressure on the yeast causing them to slow down a bit.
That's why you can turn the heat up a bit
Because the pressure slows the yeast fermentation down.

So get that dry hop in before fermentation is done.

This was about 36 hours after pitching (this morning):
upload_2023-2-5_21-27-46.png

And this is about 48 hours (just now) :
upload_2023-2-5_21-29-4.png

I will add the dry hop charge after work tomorrow.
That will be a bit less than 72 hours post pitch, I would think that there should still be some activity then.
If the krauzen has dropped by then I will feed some co2 in as I am tossing the hops in, then purge it a bit after closing it back up.

I have to tell you, this is pretty exciting for me! It has been so long...

This was about 36 hours after pitching (this morning):
View attachment 24125

And this is about 48 hours (just now) :
View attachment 24126

I will add the dry hop charge after work tomorrow.
That will be a bit less than 72 hours post pitch, I would think that there should still be some activity then.
If the krauzen has dropped by then I will feed some co2 in as I am tossing the hops in, then purge it a bit after closing it back up.

I have to tell you, this is pretty exciting for me! It has been so long...
That's one happy looking fermentation there.

Charging! Like mine did.
It's good stuff Bry-97 I've found it quite forgiving in the couple of times I've brewed with it.

Most ferments are wrapped up within a week and no off flavors and not as clean as the common chico strains.

Had a wee peek at the scary monster in my ferm chamber tonight (The Buuuuuuuunyiiiiiip), the krausen is actively dropping now a week after pitching. I turned the temp up from 19C to 20C the other day, and just bumped it up to 20.5C tonight. Will leave it there for a few days before setting it as low as it will go!

Set the inkbird to 1C yesterday afternoon, it was down to 1.1C when I got home from work today. Mixed up a bit of gelatin and tossed it in. I didn't add any boil finings. I don't need it to be crystal clear, but would like a bit of clarity. Planning on letting it sit until Thursday night, will keg it then and with pressure fermenting it should be pretty much ready to serve Friday night!

I wish I could have a taste of all the different versions here, side by side

I think I may have measured the DME in lbs instead of kg's as this tastes very lite, but it is a nice beer at what I believe is about 4%. I didn't use any kettle findings but dosed it with some gelatin when it was cold crashing. It isn't super duper clear, but clearer than the picture shows as there is some condensation on the glass.
Real happy to have home brew on tap again, thanks Ben!
20230220_165833.jpg

I think I may have measured the DME in lbs instead of kg's as this tastes very lite, but it is a nice beer at what I believe is about 4%. I didn't use any kettle findings but dosed it with some gelatin when it was cold crashing. It isn't super duper clear, but clearer than the picture shows as there is some condensation on the glass.
View attachment 24307
Considering it is 1/2 wheat. Clear prolly isn't an attainable goal. Looks good though

View attachment 24307
I'll take the credit ;).
Give it another week or two and you might get some better clarity looks bloody good to me though.

Considering it is 1/2 wheat. Clear prolly isn't an attainable goal. Looks good though
I'll take the credit ;).
Give it another week or two and you might get some better clarity looks bloody good to me though.
Credit where credit is due Ben!
@Minbari , I am actually just happy to have some homebrew flowing. My goal was to brew and have no ill effects on my back, mission accomplished. Producing a clearish beer in the process is just a little maple syrup on my pancakes!

Credit where credit is due Ben!
@Minbari , I am actually just happy to have some homebrew flowing. My goal was to brew and have no ill effects on my back, mission accomplished. Producing a clearish beer in the process is just a little maple syrup on my pancakes!
ya, vermont maple syrup! :cool:

Back