J A's latest activity

  • J A
    Call me old-fashioned...I still prefer the consistency and high efficiency I get with mash-out and fly sparge. :)
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread 2026 4th quarter.
    Flip a coin! :)
  • J A
    Bricks are as cheap as under $60, maybe $80 for lager yeasts at good sale prices. The 500 grams is the equivalent to 45 typical packets...
  • J A
    Yeah...extra handling outside of a cleanroom is just risking contamination - though as long as everything stays dry and only touches...
  • J A
    Thanks all. Online it says to break the package down into the smaller packages but that seems crazy given that I typically use between...
  • J A
    Vacuum pack and fridge...no reason to freeze. Oxygen is the enemy more than temperature.
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Which recipe should I make??.
    Speaking as someone who has to move up a couple of social notches just to get to basic, I would never cast any aspersions. :D :D
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Which recipe should I make??.
    Basic Blonde with adjunct flavor. And that's where the resemblance ends. :D :D Once you've added completely incongruous flavors, it has...
  • J A
    J A reacted to Brew Cat's post in the thread Which recipe should I make?? with Like Like.
    I agree It's not a Kolsch Call it what it is A golden ale with flavoring Most of the flavored beers have run their course up here I...
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Which recipe should I make??.
    I will never reach a place that I'm not annoyed by the over-use and mis-use of the stylistic designation of Kolsch. It becomes...
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Which recipe should I make??.
    I'd still go right back on with a good Hefe. It's a style that straddles seasons extremely well! Maybe it's just me but I just don't...
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Which recipe should I make??.
    I gotta say, if I walked into that taproom, I wouldn't be disappointed with any of the choices. You're going into Indian Summer...
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Water Treatment.
    Very many wells yield water that's not pleasant to drink, much less use for brewing. If you have a well with good water, you're lucky...
  • J A
    J A reacted to Bigbre04's post in the thread Water Treatment with Like Like.
    yuck. savannahs water comes from the florida aquifer so it isnt too bad.
  • J A
    J A replied to the thread Water Treatment.
    During the hottest weather here, I don't even want to shower in unfiltered municipal water. It's just nasty and muddy/algae smelling.

Back
Top