Water Treatment

you guys can argue about which gross treated sewer sludge is best
I'll continue to use my awesome deep well water thank you very much
Very many wells yield water that's not pleasant to drink, much less use for brewing. If you have a well with good water, you're lucky, indeed. Be aware that it's not an infinite resource, no matter how deep it is and, depending on where you live, is susceptible to drought, over harvesting of the aquafer and contamination from all sorts of surface activities (mostly fracking, etc).
Enjoy it while you have it. :)
 
Grew up on well water, ours had a ridiculous amount of iron in it. The inside of the toilet tank was bright orange, and if we went away for a week the water would run orange for a good day after getting home. No iron deficiencies in my family growing up!
 
Your right but I don't plan on moving
 
Grew up on well water, ours had a ridiculous amount of iron in it. The inside of the toilet tank was bright orange, and if we went away for a week the water would run orange for a good day after getting home. No iron deficiencies in my family growing up!
Iron is better than floride
 
Growing up we had a hand dug well with an iron hand pump and piping
I loved the taste
People would come and fill jugs
Probably not good to brew with LOL
 
Growing up we had a hand dug well with an iron hand pump and piping
I loved the taste
People would come and fill jugs
Probably not good to brew with LOL
I believe that you may get a blood like taste with excessive iron, and also possibility of oxidization
 
Blood you say
 
We had a hand dug at another house I bought after we got married eventually sunk
another
We had a water Witch to show us where
The well ended up an artesian and had trouble capping it 30gals a minute
I still have that house. Not selling it either.
Some day I'll sell water. The northeast has the best water in the country
 
Very many wells yield water that's not pleasant to drink, much less use for brewing. If you have a well with good water, you're lucky, indeed. Be aware that it's not an infinite resource, no matter how deep it is and, depending on where you live, is susceptible to drought, over harvesting of the aquafer and contamination from all sorts of surface activities (mostly fracking, etc).
Enjoy it while you have it. :)
When I was building homes occasionally we would hydrofrac a well to increase yield
I don't that's not the same thing as fracking for oil
 
well yes dentists love to put it on your teeth not sure about drinking so much of it
by the way I've never had Fluoride treated water and didn't have a cavity until I was about twenty by just brushing with Florida toothpaste
I don't think a lot of municipalities add it anymore anyway
 
listened to a report that said flouride is basically poison and shouldnt be injested at all
 
listened to a report that said flouride is basically poison and shouldnt be injested at all

Science begs to differ
1790184671481.png
 
Science
Pshaw
Toothpaste companies recommend spitting it out
It's toxic in large quantities to some and lesser quantities to others
Those studies are averages
Roll the dice if you like
Then there is the question of isn't it my choice if I want floride
 
so my gf is a dental hygenist and did work in a community where fluoride was litterally against their religion. it was VERY VERY obvious how bad their teeth were. TONS of cavities.

Pure water is also dangerous if you drink it. Oxygen is toxic at a high enough concentration. The 70 years of science behind fluoride should be more impactful then JFK's brain worm.
 
so my gf is a dental hygenist and did work in a community where fluoride was litterally against their religion. it was VERY VERY obvious how bad their teeth were. TONS of cavities.

Pure water is also dangerous if you drink it. Oxygen is toxic at a high enough concentration. The 70 years of science behind fluoride should be more impactful then JFK's brain worm.
I'll bet there were more issues than no chlorine in the water
I worked with some Amish guys you should see the crap they eat when not on the farm
 
Kidding or kidding about kidding
 

Back
Top