What are you drinking right now?

Not right now, but probably on the weekend, a gift from a freind.
Beer nuts!
20191218_174944.jpg

My recently carbonated IPA/Pale Ale

5 gallon batch

Malt:
83% golden promise
17% weyermann Barke pils

Hop schedule:
20: 1oz Galaxy
15: 2oz citra
170° Whirlpool (20 min): 2oz Mosaic
Dry hop (1 week after pitch): 3oz Galaxy.

Yeast: gen 5 of Omega Voss Kveik at 76° ambient temp.

Taste: light hint of citrus early followed by juice.
IMG_20191219_203044310.jpg

Vanilla Porter. My second crack at this and this time I got the vanilla just right. Really enjoying this. A little bourbon either in the glass or right alongside would be a great addition. Too bad I have to share this with family on Xmas Eve (selfish bastard that I am). :p

18DED844-964B-4160-BC16-DA7961EE9C23.jpeg

My recently carbonated IPA/Pale Ale

5 gallon batch

Malt:
83% golden promise
17% weyermann Barke pils

Hop schedule:
20: 1oz Galaxy
15: 2oz citra
170° Whirlpool (20 min): 2oz Mosaic
Dry hop (1 week after pitch): 3oz Galaxy.

Yeast: gen 5 of Omega Voss Kveik at 76° ambient temp.

Taste: light hint of citrus early followed by juice.View attachment 8235
Vanilla Porter. My second crack at this and this time I got the vanilla just right. Really enjoying this. A little bourbon either in the glass or right alongside would be a great addition. Too bad I have to share this with family on Xmas Eve (selfish bastard that I am). :p

View attachment 8237
Great looking beers!
@Megary the best part of sharing is you get to brew more!
Having a Von Pilsner while preparing Christmas goodies.
IMG_20191220_183012.jpg

Indeed!

Its just hard having to save it for the company to arrive. Requires a will power that I severely lack!
You can do it! My plan of attack is try and drink a few of your other beers and maybe do a 3:1 type thing three of the others and one of that beauty then go all out come Christmas time:).

That Pils looks awesome. Hat tip to the accomplished brewer. Well done.
It is a good pils and I really wish I could claim it...but I can't. It is from Crooked Stave. Word on the streets is it was named after Von Miller, and I'm not sure if it's true or not, but heard he collaborated with the brew also. I've tried to verify that but I can't anything.

Last edited:
Taking Ben’s advice and staying away from my Vanilla Porter. Pulled out an old old friend. Maybe it’s been overplayed and maybe it’s not my favorite, but I think it still holds up strong after all these years. Kind of like The Doors first album.

067897A3-4990-41A9-B909-96C10C74B63D.jpeg

It is a good pils and I really wish I could claim it...but I can't. It is from Crooked Stave. Word on the streets is it was named after Von Miller, and I'm not sure if it's true or not, but heard he collaborated with the brew also. I've tried to verify that but I can't anything.
You're too honest!

Great story about the beer. I so want that to be true.

Back