What are you drinking right now?

My "nearly flight", will get you most of the way there!
B-200 NEIPA, O'Tannenbaum Christmas Ale, and of course the Bloody Finger Cranberry Chocolate Stout.
20191222_165235.jpg

43C (110F) here today, so the obvious beer is a lovely, boozy, roasty, Russian imperial stout.

I always think of heavy, malty beers as winter brews...and while it may winter where I am, it most definitely isn't where you are! Well like the saying "It's 5:00 somewhere", I guess there is a corollary "It's always winter somewhere"! :)

Taking Ben’s advice and staying away from my Vanilla Porter. Pulled out an old old friend. Maybe it’s been overplayed and maybe it’s not my favorite, but I think it still holds up strong after all these years. Kind of like The Doors first album.

View attachment 8253

I've always considered that to be a great beer. I just don't ever think to buy it, but always enjoyable.

Nice flight!
Thanks, I'm quite impressed with myself, all of these brews turned out phenomenal. Two of the three with unforgettable stories. The Christmas Ale was the one that the hose to my HLT false bottom came off. I had to scoop out all the grains, clean it, and put it back together to carry on. Longest brew day ever! Of course The Bloody Finger is pretty self explanatory at this point...

Taking Ben’s advice and staying away from my Vanilla Porter. Pulled out an old old friend. Maybe it’s been overplayed and maybe it’s not my favorite, but I think it still holds up strong after all these years. Kind of like The Doors first album.

View attachment 8253
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'm not a lager guy at all. Except of course a select few such as Sam Adams Boston Lager, a real nice beer any time of year!

Prague After Dark...er... Bohemian Black Ops...not in love with either name, think I'll just call it "Shady Bohemian"(fits in with my "Dirty" and "Almost" Bohemians)...odd to me that the over from the keg that I bottle conditioned carbed up faster than the keg. Kinda shady if you ask me. :D

IMG_0205.jpg

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/851263/shady-bohemian

Will be brewing this again.

Prague After Dark...er... Bohemian Black Ops...not in love with either name, think I'll just call it "Shady Bohemian"(fits in with my "Dirty" and "Almost" Bohemians)...odd to me that the over from the keg that I bottle conditioned carbed up faster than the keg. Kinda shady if you ask me. :D

View attachment 8266

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/851263/shady-bohemian

Will be brewing this again.
Fancy cup too sure got a dicky handle on it lol

View attachment 8276 Dillon Dam Brewery pale ale. Kids and grandkids are out of town, SWAMBO and I are skiing tomorrow.
I had a beer on tap here some years ago. I'd entered their homebrew competition and placed second. Brewmaster wanted to brew it anyway as a summer beer so Nosy Bear Kolle was once on the menu here. I still have a copy.

Looks nice Ben.
For the benefit of the americans, boxing day is, loosely, an old british tradition where people would pack up their kids old toys and other things in boxes and put them outside for the less fortunate to help themselves to. It is a stat holiday here in Canada too, but what boxing day has become here is retailers selling their wares they have left over from Chistmas at super discounted prices. It use to be boxing day sales , then boxing week sales, now they have pre boxing day sales in the days leading up to Christmas.

Back