What are you drinking right now?

BJCP Judge training tonight - I have to see if I can find the last two of the beers I promised to bring!

Have fun. I may see if I can go through the training this year if they offer it. At least learn some lingo.

Just got back from Jak's Alehouse on Green Lake in Seattle. Had some great fish tacos and a flight .Got a growler of Berliner Weisse and one of their Jak's IPA on the way out. Really nice light Berliner. Maybe a shot of Jameson Caskmates Stout edition with the IPA. 0912181405_Film3_resized (1).jpg
0912181405_Film3_resized (1).jpg

^^ lol.
I really like this wheat lager out of Montana. Nice and light American wheat lager.
aviary-image-1536805179308-1024x1365.jpeg

nice , I have one nearby that's very sought after 80 acre hoppy wheat
Not sure I've ever had a wheat lager before this one? It's nice and clean. I've really been enjoying the American wheat style this summer. Crisp, clean, and light. Nice change.

^^ lol.
I really like this wheat lager out of Montana. Nice and light American wheat lager.
View attachment 3886
They make some excellent brews, tried making BlackStar a nation wide beer but missed and went back to just brewing good beer. Actually BlackStar was a very good beer.

The brewery is a 2 story building looking over an old rail station with a large ski resort in the background, mostly uhh steel and glass, pretty cool.
They make some excellent brews, tried making BlackStar a nation wide beer but missed and went back to just brewing good beer. Actually BlackStar was a very good beer.

Have fun. I may see if I can go through the training this year if they offer it. At least learn some lingo.
It's worthwhile! We were doing German and Czech lagers last night. And the skunk was flying! We tasted Urquell, very nice, a touch of butter, then Czechvar, smelled like Kentucky road kill. Same thing with our Helles examples, and they had been stored in brown bottles! But it was also a humbling experience, the good ones, the master-class German lagers, are soooooo good! My lagers are good but against these, it's like a kid's drawing in a room full of adult artists.

Really nice sour from Ska. I was a bit hesitant at first when looking at the ingredients. Contains beets, carrots, and ginger just to name a few. Pleasantly surprised how tart and refreshing it is. And the color ain't too bad either!
20180913_171308-1024x1365.jpg

Faith no Smore from Alvarado street. "Imperial Stout with Chocolate, Graham Crackers & Marshmallows".
Bought four at the restaurant in Monterey and this is the last one :(.

Sharing with my lover :)

smaller.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds delicious. I like the glassware! Just pulled a nice cold Upslope Craft Lager off the tap. Crisp, clean lager hitting the spot tonight after a long and unseasonably hot week in Colorado.

Just finished off a keg of PA, so now I've got an open slot for our berry cider. Following along with the brulosophy recipe, i'm going to back sweeten and add about 7ml lactic acid, along with potassium metabisulfite, and potassium sorbate. Listening to the latest brulosophy podcast, I was surprised to hear an episode on ciders along with this recipe.
20180915_163726-1024x1365.jpg

This is the last of my PA. Pretty decent. Keg dry hopped. I called it Crystal Cracker! It had a bit more crystal character than I liked. Still tasty and worth drinking, but it was one of those beers that I just over analized (ha) ever pour I had.

Last edited:
Just finished off a keg of PA, so now I've got an open slot for our berry cider. Following along with the brulosophy recipe, i'm going to back sweeten and add about 7ml lactic acid, along with potassium metabisulfite, and potassium sorbate. Listening to the latest brulosophy podcast, I was surprised to hear an episode on ciders along with this recipe.
View attachment 3895
This is the last of my PA. Pretty decent. Keg dry hopped. I called it Crystal Cracker! It had a bit more crystal character than I liked. Still tasty and worth drinking, but it was one of those beers that I just over analized (ha) ever pour I had.

Cider looks berry good!

Back