Home made pizza

I crashed early after the pizza last night big week I suppose lol.

From this
20230324_175119.jpg

To this
20230324_173835.jpg

To this
20230324_181920.jpg

Not all the same pizza but Wife rekons best one yet!
My daughter loved the toppings and finally made that one above with me after eating most of what she was supposed to put on the pizza:p
I'm really enjoying making pizza with the family :)

Friday night means pizza night here these days both these pizzas the wife and littlie made as well :)
20230331_175344.jpg

Ham cheese pineapple (home grown pineapple) capsicum (peppers) mushrooms red onion and home grown bassil and rosemary
20230331_181804.jpg

Both bases 100% hydration

First pizza always goes in the pan second onto a baking paper on the stone (amature can't slide it yet).

Cheers

Looking good!
Great fun with the whole family ;)

I'm eating a lot of pizza as well.

I think I've mentioned it before, but if you struggle loading the pizza, try some polenta / corn meal or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods.
Works so much better than flour

Looking good!

I think I've mentioned it before, but if you struggle loading the pizza, try some polenta / corn meal or whatever it's called in your neck of the woods.
Y'all are good natured, so I can get away with picking on you without being malicious.
Zambezi is fun because of the differences in diet between there and here. So, to have fun without being mean: If I had some cornmeal, it wouldn't go on pizza, I would be frying up some green tomatoes.
Grits- Gotta have some shrimp, a crapload of butter, and some pork fat LOL.

Not on a freaking pizza man:eek:

Just underneath to roll it of the peel

But you are right in another way: i only have it because it is staple food here.
I actually don't like it, but since my staff goes through 25 kg in 10 days, I just sneakily grab a hundred gram or so for myself.
Actually, not sneakily, as I buy the freaking stuff:D

Not on a freaking pizza man:eek:

Just underneath to roll it of the peel

But you are right in another way: i only have it because it is staple food here.
I actually don't like it, but since my staff goes through 25 kg in 10 days, I just sneakily grab a hundred gram or so for myself.
Actually, not sneakily, as I buy the freaking stuff:D
I know - as the base.
You put some fat in that stuff and put some shrimp in with it, yummm.
Grits are a popular breakfast side in the South too, but usually with a crapload of butter.

I know - as the base.
You put some fat in that stuff and put some shrimp in with it, yummm.
Grits are a popular breakfast side in the South too, but usually with a crapload of butter.
I make grits Italian style: butter and parmesan cheese, little bit of garlic.

Looking good!

Baking paper helps too:D

Semolina is the best option if you can get it.
It works the same as cornmeal but isn't bitter like the cornmeal.
Also if you use a wood peel to launch, just a dusting of flour will work too, but it takes practice

Semolina is the best option if you can get it.
It works the same as cornmeal but isn't bitter like the cornmeal.
Also if you use a wood peel to launch, just a dusting of flour will work too, but it takes practice
Thanks I'll have to make one :)

Rice flour should work too I know I use that as a dusting in baneton for breads.

That's what that stainless thing is for I just ain't mastered the technique
20230401_094342.jpg

It does take a bit of practice :)
I use a wooden peel to launch and a steel one to turn and take the pizza out.
But a steel one also works for launching.

Easiest is to put the pizza on the peel that has flour or semolina or whatever on it, then shake a bit to see if the pizza can move.
Then quickly load toppings and launch.

But yes baking paper works, I just wouldn't like it in the ooni with that flame thrower in action

Has a taste for pizza but didn't have the usual time or flour to make it.
So a completely new process on a different flour.
Tonight will tell, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Cheers

That looks real good!
How did you make your dough?

Back