What are you drinking right now?

Figured I’ll have another Helles. Watching Bad Santa. Kim and Sophie obviously went to bed.
image.jpg

image.jpg
First bottle of my Smooth Stout, after just a week of conditioning, at too cold temps. This is not nearly carbed enough, but it is a wonderful beer. The honey used for priming delivered the vanilla note that I hoped for. Otherwise, it’s smooth, with a nice note of roast. This should become a regular part of my rotation.

Here's the two bays pale ale View attachment 23584
Man I see high wheat beer style carbonation !
View attachment 23585
Them bubbles are spritzing up the glass creating a bit of mouthfeel and body and pushing them hops I'm thinking Galaxy or Mosaic into the nose.

The head dissipates to a thin film supported by the high carbonation.

But you know after three I wouldn't of guessed it was Gluten free non barley grains if I didn't know before hand. Must be why they one Gild at the Indies 2020 Best of Independent Brewing Awards (on the can:))

So mouthfeel is light lager like I'd best describe it but there is some malt flavour and it's clean malt flavour coupled with the fruity hop flavour it reminds me colour wise and taste of a blonde ale.
The flavour lingers just a little then disappears it's quite refreshing and lite in flavour and finishes dry and crisp.

A great all rounder man I'd love to be able to brew this either GF or barley based. You can really drink the Shoit out of this.

Ripper!
I got a Commercial Craft Beer Clone Recipe book for Xmas, and I'm pretty sure that particular beer is in it. Lemme know if you want the recipe and I'll be happy to copy the page for you. I'm thinking there's a few other recipes for gluten free stuff in it. I scanned it last night, and very little space is taken up with pictures or doodles. Page after page of recipes. Gotta be at least 200 recipes in it.

Nah, narwhal's "horns" are actually a tooth, so technically a tusk. Monoceratops are the other rhinos :) 5 species total, 2 have two horns, 3 have one horn
I thought their horns were more closely related to hair. But I will defer to the professional!

Thought I'd have a cheeky sample of that cider View attachment 23659
Um that syrup didn't mix in!:p

WTF I put it in before transferring my only thought are the floating liquid line floated up and away from the syrup on transfer and didn't mix ito_O
Shake the keg.

Nah, narwhal's "horns" are actually a tooth, so technically a tusk. Monoceratops are the other rhinos :) 5 species total, 2 have two horns, 3 have one horn

Lol...this has got to be the only place where being a smartass can make you
smarter! Why didn't that work in high school?

View attachment 23641 First bottle of my Smooth Stout, after just a week of conditioning, at too cold temps. This is not nearly carbed enough, but it is a wonderful beer. The honey used for priming delivered the vanilla note that I hoped for. Otherwise, it’s smooth, with a nice note of roast. This should become a regular part of my rotation.

Heyya Herms..we're they conditioned cool too and that's why they didn't carb up or was it the honey?

Back