What are you drinking right now?

Really cool book. I didn’t follow the “old school” brewing techniques though since I’m lazy lol. His Vienna lager book is good too

I have both of those and they are excellent references. Dave Carpenter's Lager has given me some ideas, too.

image.jpg
My Helles

Here's the two bays pale ale
20221224_153841.jpg

Man I see high wheat beer style carbonation !
20221224_153924.jpg

Them bubbles are spritzing up the glass creating a bit of mouthfeel and body and pushing them hops I'm thinking Galaxy or Mosaic into the nose.

The head dissipates to a thin film supported by the high carbonation.

But you know after three I wouldn't of guessed it was Gluten free non barley grains if I didn't know before hand. Must be why they one Gild at the Indies 2020 Best of Independent Brewing Awards (on the can:))

So mouthfeel is light lager like I'd best describe it but there is some malt flavour and it's clean malt flavour coupled with the fruity hop flavour it reminds me colour wise and taste of a blonde ale.
The flavour lingers just a little then disappears it's quite refreshing and lite in flavour and finishes dry and crisp.

A great all rounder man I'd love to be able to brew this either GF or barley based. You can really drink the Shoit out of this.

Ripper!

Made myself a variety pack of work beers and homebrews that we sampled today: maple lager (pictured), session stout, gingerbread brown, pomegranate cranberry cider (picture #2), coconut stout, white Russian milk stout. It was a fun day!
20221224_100348.jpg

20221224_152117.jpg

Back