What are you drinking right now?

BD8BE693-4B07-4F33-8309-236EE25A58B2.jpeg
On the third day of Christmas a Helles for me

Brown Ale from a budget extract kit. 4.33 ABV. 6 months in the keg.

After I removed the lug I noticed inside the tap was caked dry with more globular debris coming out as I cleaned it. First pint (photo1) had some floaters you might be able to see on (photo2). I tasted it with no noticeable problems but was right to pour it down the sink as there was a huge lump in there I hadn't noticed in the glass. Methinks plenty of runs to bathroom might have followed had I swallowed that. Bottom of glass looked healthy up to the light though. Sorry about the picture quality, doesn't quite do it justice. My first attempt using a digital camera. I will have to do some practising with light and resolution and stuff I don't understand lol but some progress has been made on the technology front.

Photos 3 and 4 are of the second pint. Moderately creamy and lasting head, smooth texture, overall mildness feeling somewhat lower than the ABV. Very satisfied with this one well worth the wait. Considerable improvement on previous efforts of this go too brown ale.

MyDSC2S1-002.jpg
MyDSC2S1-003.jpg
MyDSC2S1-004.jpg
MyDSC2S1-005.jpg

Heyya Herms..we're they conditioned cool too and that's why they didn't carb up or was it the honey?
I think the cool temps. Last week, our high temperatures were in the 30’s, while inside the house, where the bottles condition it was generally around 60. Since Saturday, it has been much warmer. I bet with another week in bottle, the level of carbonation will be appropriate.

CE14B88C-038F-4883-B2E1-4F950E4FFE24.jpeg
Transferred the rest Latest Dunkel to the keg formerly housing the Helles. Here is the extra pint for me :) This on was about 40% Pilsner malt which I typically do not do in my Dunkel. The carafa malt and hops are more present than usual. This is super fresh so I know things will meld together more

Last edited:
I think the cool temps. Last week, our high temperatures were in the 30’s, while inside the house, where the bottles condition it was generally around 60. Since Saturday, it has been much warmer. I bet with another week in bottle, the level of carbonation will be appropriate.

Yeah...that and give them the "old morocca twirl" to wake up the herd!

Nothing for the next 3 weeks.
Doctor's orders.
Still being checked out:(

Back