My other hobby . . .

Gotta learn to read the water. Hoping my previous experience will come rushing back quickly lol
Like riding a bike. Eastern fish and rivers are pretty much the same* as Northwestern.
LA rivers are dry concrete, so no comparison...:p

* behavior, not species.

Bought this bit of camphor wood years ago to make a coffee table out of thought my other wood working beer enthusiasts might like the grain
20220817_170740.jpg

This is lavender infused bees wax I used that mixed with the camphor
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinnamomum_camphora
Makes this Smell glorious
Its a weed tree here in aus.
But pest wise its great for warding off clothes Moth and the like.
Chests made out of it are usually the thing.
Anyhow enjoy.

Bought this bit of camphor wood years ago to make a coffee table out of thought my other wood working beer enthusiasts might like the grainView attachment 21876
Anyhow enjoy.
beautiful piece of wood!

Out in Wi campping by fort McCoy, listening to automatic gun fire over the hill.
Hopefully they know what they are shooting at.
On the oher hand at gov cost of prob abour 3 bucks a bullet , we heard a million bucks or so banging away

Out in Wi campping by fort McCoy, listening to automatic gun fire over the hill.
Hopefully they know what they are shooting at.
On the oher hand at gov cost of prob abour 3 bucks a bullet , we heard a million bucks or so banging away
Makes for a good night's sleep :eek:

Bought this bit of camphor wood years ago to make a coffee table out of thought my other wood working beer enthusiasts might like the grainView attachment 21876
Anyhow enjoy.

That's a really nice piece of wood. I like the wood and resin tables people make, some amazing YouTube channels for that.

I always wonder, as sometimes it seems partly relevant. I mean, someone took care to put it in a relevant thread.

I suppose it is the hyperlink that gives it away. Or the fact that nobody is a Man U fan anymore...:rolleyes:

Anyhow enjoy.

Camphor Wood? Is that like a knot from a gum tree? My BIL (brother in law) in Port Pirie, SA has a couple table tops cut from slabs of spalled yarra. Absolutely gorgeous. One thing I like about the Aussie culture, (referring back to Ben's cabinets) is their recycling/reusing/repurposing mantra. If an Aussie throws something away, it's DONE. There's nothing left. I helped my BIL build a veranda on the back of his house on one of my early trips Downunder. The only thing new that went into that project was the flooring for obvious finish reasons. All the structure was used materials that he got for just pulling down an old bar. He salvaged all the timbers from the barn, and there was an attached metal lean-to that he got all the steel posts from. I think the decking and concrete to set the posts was all he actually had to pay for. Then again, he's got a Midas' touch.

I always wonder, as sometimes it seems partly relevant. I mean, someone took care to put it in a relevant thread.

I suppose it is the hyperlink that gives it away. Or the fact that nobody is a Man U fan anymore...:rolleyes:
I root for Man U...when they play City. Of course, I root for anyone that plays City. :D

Camphor Wood? Is that like a knot from a gum tree? My BIL (brother in law) in Port Pirie, SA has a couple table tops cut from slabs of spalled yarra. Absolutely gorgeous. One thing I like about the Aussie culture, (referring back to Ben's cabinets) is their recycling/reusing/repurposing mantra. If an Aussie throws something away, it's DONE. There's nothing left. I helped my BIL build a veranda on the back of his house on one of my early trips Downunder. The only thing new that went into that project was the flooring for obvious finish reasons. All the structure was used materials that he got for just pulling down an old bar. He salvaged all the timbers from the barn, and there was an attached metal lean-to that he got all the steel posts from. I think the decking and concrete to set the posts was all he actually had to pay for. Then again, he's got a Midas' touch.
Na totally different tree. I'm pretty certain their not native to Australia but they grow like a weed through the bush here in Queensland id guess also down through NSW. They grown a huge sprawling canopy and shade out the undergrowth so nothing grows under them.
They also grow along our creek systems.
They are great big trees but they arnt good for our native vegetation.
No mosquitoes under a camphor tree their sap is a natural insect repellent.

Back