My other hobby . . .

While a good joke in principle Ben, have you had your coffee yet?

My other hobby. Way too many
20210930_205321.jpg
20210930_205817.jpg
20210930_205759.jpg

Golf - I grew up with a golf course in my back yard, literally. I played 4 years on my high school team, and one season in community college. Competitive golf is no longer for me, but I absolutely love the game. Even when I take breaks from playing, the game is always on my mind. For several years, I played every Monday, sometimes twice. In 2017, on consecutive Mondays, a couple guys essentially threatened to kick my ass out on the course, so I have been on hiatus since then. I am a lover, not a fighter. Well, I feel like picking it up again. This coming Monday, I’m looking to get back out on the golf course.

Last edited:
Golf - I grew up with a golf course in my back yard, literally. I played 4 years on my high school team, and one season in community college. Competitive golf is no longer for me, but I absolutely love the game. Even when I take breaks from playing, the game is always on my mind. For several years, I played every Monday, sometimes twice. In 2017, on consecutive Mondays, a couple guys essentially threatened to kick my ass out on the course, so I have been on hiatus since then. I am a lover, not a fighter. Well, I feel like picking it up again. This coming Monday, I’m looking to get back out on the golf course.
Good for you Herm, it's a great game. I was also on my high school team

+1. I play 3-4 times per week and I can say it’s an addiction. My wife plays as well and the game has taken us to some of the most beautiful places in the country.

Hey @Frankenbrewer you might like these two beasts I am currently fixing... they weigh a ton though - well 85lbs actually - not the easiest things to lug about.
6 x KT88s in each... monsters
Post did not accept the picture... damn

I like to get out on the trails once a week.
View attachment 17645
Oh, I have one of those hanging in my garage, but it doesn’t get much use lately. Maybe now that the weather should start cooling, I too want to get back out on trails. Great exercise to counter beer drinking.

Oh, I have one of those hanging in my garage, but it doesn’t get much use lately. Maybe now that the weather should start cooling, I too want to get back out on trails. Great exercise to counter beer drinking.
Exactly. Dust that bike off ! On the other hand, when i drive out of area for a ride, i pretty much always stop at the local brewery for a couple, LOL

Put together a batch of lactofermented "Dilly beans." 5% brine, homegrown green beans from my aunt's farm, 1 jalapeño (deseeded and deribbed), and 2 garlic cloves. Lots of dill, some cumin, and a dash of black pepper. Planning on a 2 week ferment
20211102_112922.jpg

Welp there goes that batch. Even though I treated the water with 1/4 campden tablet, I think the tap water killed all the lacto and the pH never lowered, allowing the mold to grow. I was suspicious when the brine never turned cloudy and was planning on dumping the brine and adding another made with distilled water. Guess I waited too long
20211106_204855.jpg

Welp there goes that batch. Even though I treated the water with 1/4 campden tablet, I think the tap water killed all the lacto and the pH never lowered, allowing the mold to grow. I was suspicious when the brine never turned cloudy and was planning on dumping the brine and adding another made with distilled water. Guess I waited too long
View attachment 18100
More likely the campden killed off the lacto. Brine on clean veggies works best.

More likely the campden killed off the lacto. Brine on clean veggies works best.
Huh that never occurred to me. I've seen other people on reddit use campden treated tap water in ferments without issue

Back