My other hobby . . .

Huh that never occurred to me. I've seen other people on reddit use campden treated tap water in ferments without issue
I use RO water, salt and calcium chloride in my brines. Metabisulfite is a disinfectant used in winemaking to kill off bacteria and yeast as well as to preserve wine. I use it to sanitize honey when making mead.

I use RO water, salt and calcium chloride in my brines. Metabisulfite is a disinfectant used in winemaking to kill off bacteria and yeast as well as to preserve wine. I use it to sanitize honey when making mead.
I understand that it can be used as a sanitizer. I was under the impression that it took multiple tablets to have any sanitizing affect. I used 1/4 tablet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211107-075210_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211107-075210_Chrome.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
I understand that it can be used as a sanitizer. I was under the impression that it took multiple tablets to have any sanitizing affect. I used 1/4 tablet
I remember my German ex-mother-in-law talking about making Sauerbohnen, sour beans. She said something about rinsing them daily. Meta is pretty powerful... I'm guessing, though, and the meta stands out.

I remember my German ex-mother-in-law talking about making Sauerbohnen, sour beans. She said something about rinsing them daily. Meta is pretty powerful... I'm guessing, though, and the meta stands out.
I appreciate your input! :) I will go back to distilled water from here on out

All I can say is a little is a LOT when it comes to Metabisulphate man that stuff near sucks the air out the room when I open the container I have. Great antioxidant great sanitizer but treat with respect or it'll grab ya in the nose and make it run like a tap has been my experience :D!

in the past I add a tablet to my strike water only to kill the chlorine taste, but not sure if I need it when on well water

My bottle of Nando's is nearly empty so I should go buy some peppers and get ready to refill it.

I grew up trout fishing in small rivers with worms and a hook. Now I live on a coast where the majority of the freshwater fishing is lakes and big rivers with bass, catfish, panfish, etc...aka fish I know nothing about! But I want to get out more before trout season starts in October, so I'm gonna learn how to fish with big crankbait lures and rubber worms and all sorts of new to me techniques! Hope my trout pole can stand up to these bigguns. Some new equipment purchased today...
20220718_152736.jpg

I grew up trout fishing in small rivers with worms and a hook. Now I live on a coast where the majority of the freshwater fishing is lakes and big rivers with bass, catfish, panfish, etc...aka fish I know nothing about! But I want to get out more before trout season starts in October, so I'm gonna learn how to fish with big crankbait lures and rubber worms and all sorts of new to me techniques! Hope my trout pole can stand up to these bigguns. Some new equipment purchased today...View attachment 21551
Nice. I have to believe you are smarter than a fish. Think like one and you'll catch 'em.

Back