My other hobby . . .

Na totally different tree. I'm pretty certain their not native to Australia but they grow like a weed through the bush here in Queensland id guess also down through NSW. They grown a huge sprawling canopy and shade out the undergrowth so nothing grows under them.
They also grow along our creek systems.
They are great big trees but they arnt good for our native vegetation.
No mosquitoes under a camphor tree their sap is a natural insect repellent.
The only tree I quickly recognized on my first trip DownUnder was Sycamore. It’s the only tree native to Oz and this part of the US. Got a few of ‘en in my yard.

That's a really nice piece of wood. I like the wood and resin tables people make, some amazing YouTube channels for that.
Yeah that's the pour on epoxy resin?
Yeah I've yet to give that a go.
I use marine epoxy for my cabinets I roll it on with a foam roller then use a foam brush to smooth it out. It's tricky stuff to work with you gotta work quick.

I built a 6m two person timber plywood kayak years ago and lernt my craft on it.
It still floats and the finish has held up all these years.

Yeah that's the pour on epoxy resin?
Yeah I've yet to give that a go.
I use marine epoxy for my cabinets I roll it on with a foam roller then use a foam brush to smooth it out. It's tricky stuff to work with you gotta work quick.

I built a 6m two person timber plywood kayak years ago and lernt my craft on it.
It still floats and the finish has held up all these years.

All my bars have resin tops. It is a bit tricky to work with as you say but really nice if you get it right, or even close to right.

An excellent solution if you need a hard wearing surface that looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_20220524_172646_280.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 54
All my bars have resin tops. It is a bit tricky to work with as you say but really nice if you get it right, or even close to right.

Amen that looks great !

Here's a pic of that kayak I built
20170812_123059.jpg

It's pretty long I wish I built it smaller easier to get on and off the car.
It's got two storage holds front and aft. It glides beautifully through the water took me a year of weekends building that thare craft.

Here's a pic of that kayak I built View attachment 22254
It's pretty long I wish I built it smaller easier to get on and off the car.
It's got two storage holds front and aft. It glides beautifully through the water took me a year of weekends building that thare craft.

That looks awesome! So awesome in fact that at first I thought you were trying to put one over on us. :)

That looks awesome! So awesome in fact that at first I thought you were trying to put one over on us. :)
Amen yup fact is stranger than fiction eh;).
That there is the product of my labour actually if my Dad didn't buy me the kit I wouldn't be able to boast about it so credit goes to him.

I couldn't not build it if you get my drift (punn intended):D

Here's another pic of it up as far as i could go on parrearra Creek.
20170423_101226.jpg

Not long aftrrni built it.

And this is on the pumicestone passage down Golden Beach where I used to live before heading out to palmwoods.
20170617_150804.jpg

My other hobby is smoking meat on my Traeger or grilling. Culinary school in Paris got me excited to cook and now I sit outside during the summer and provide food to my family and neighbors. When it is too cold to smoke or grill outside I bake and prepare dishes from around the world.

Attachments

• 20220724_062527.jpg
    20220724_062527.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 20220724_161011.jpg
    20220724_161011.jpg
    571.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 20220724_162056.jpg
    20220724_162056.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 48
My other hobby is smoking meat on my Traeger or grilling. Culinary school in Paris got me excited to cook and now I sit outside during the summer and provide food to my family and neighbors. When it is too cold to smoke or grill outside I bake and prepare dishes from around the world.
I'll be needing your address.... :D:D:D

Nice, I have a Tailgater series smoker and I really like it. Makes killer burgers.

It's a pity nobody has replied here for suc a long time. So, I decided to bump the thread :)
My other hobby is cycling. I bought a bike about two years ago. To be honest, I didn't think I would enjoy riding that much.

Mountain or road...and interesting first post! Welcome! What's in the fermenter?

So my other hobby is gaming. I just in love with computer games. Especially with multiplayer games like Valorant or CS GO . Also recently have tried an new way of gaming ( like that one. So far I am satisfied. Try it too! And sometimes I like programming on Python
I have to say, Kenny, you certainly are persistent. Good for you. I also program in Python (Raspberry Pi).

Is there any chance you might want to try brewing beer? We can help. Really.

Back