My other hobby . . .

["BarbarianBrewer said: Ben....ummm....why does your wife have an overturned bucket of poison next to her :eek:? Do we need to alert the authorities? :p ]

The bucket may technically be food grade/quality, but that probably should not have made its way onto the kitchen table.

Went to a Renaissance Faire yesterday and acquired a tobacco pipe. It's been fun to noodle around with while outside drinking a homebrew. And there's a whole world of tobacco types and flavors to explore
View attachment 25579
That looks like a Danny Boy Pipe. If so good choice!

Thought I'd have a crack at making home-made paprika capsicums are cheep ATM just a small batch using 2 cappies for now
20230813_135726.jpg

Should be done in a few days and I'll blitz them to powder in the thermomix.

Is that black soot and burned wire suppised to be there? :rolleyes:

It warms my heart to see a pair of 6L6s there Alan. And a nice resistor repair there. I see you've done this before.

Hi Don, Yes up to job number 80 now. Some easier than others. This was the second amplifier that burned in the same place. The first was unrecoverable. Someone put a 10amp fuse in as the 1.6Amp one kept blowing!!!
All was not lost with the amp though. I used the front panel to repair another amp and the case and speakers will be used to build a Tweed copy for my mate.

None of them match the Marshall 1959 Plexi I built for myself.
upload_2023-8-17_23-31-4.png

upload_2023-8-17_23-31-36.png

upload_2023-8-17_23-32-11.png

upload_2023-8-17_23-32-50.png

upload_2023-8-17_23-33-35.png

Hi Don, Yes up to job number 80 now. Some easier than others. This was the second amplifier that burned in the same place. The first was unrecoverable. Someone put a 10amp fuse in as the 1.6Amp one kept blowing!!!
All was not lost with the amp though. I used the front panel to repair another amp and the case and speakers will be used to build a Tweed copy for my mate.

None of them match the Marshall 1959 Plexi I built for myself.
View attachment 26333
View attachment 26334
View attachment 26335
View attachment 26336
View attachment 26337
Hiding that master volume in the back to keep front “stock” looking, love it!. Plexis are wonderful. Amp shop that fixed one of my amps, a JCM 800, had a plexi. He let me crank the pkexi when I paid for my repair haha.

Last edited:
I used to fix and rewire guitars for myself and kids at school. Never worked on an amp other than changing tubes and speakers

I've been promising Matilda to make her a Sandpit for Her Birthday for what seems like the last 6 months. It's her Birthday Thursday this week better get a rattle on Boys n Girls:eek:
20230819_162210.jpg

It'll have one of them folding seat tops left and right.
Was gunna use decking timber but OMG I can't justify $400 just on the top alone.

So my Neighbour told me he bought a thicknesser awhile back with me in mind well I'm gunna send some hardwood pailings through it soon to test it out:D

Looks great Ben! I love the double hinges to turn the cover into a bench seat back.
Thanks Barbi their tripples I was gunna do double and miscalculated my hinges so i had extra anyhow:p

Edit I get you double hinged yes indeed took me a couple takes to get my head around it but once I did it fell together .

Am thinking of add more hinges and making use of the unused space either end under the seats to make room for toys when not in use.

Thanks Douglas :p

Back