My other hobby . . .

It shows edited, I thi k you are correct.

Many forums don't allow hyperlinks in posts until you have some number of posts (like10), but a way around that is to edit the link in later. No such restriction I know of here, but old habits die hard I suppose.

Ah yeah that would do it.

Made some Orange / Kafir Lime marmalade today.
Never made no Jam before but it tasted ok
20230520_130705.jpg

Made outta me own oranges and kafir lime: I just hope the lime doesn't take it too far to the limey side.

600g quarted orange and kafir lime
200g water
500g sugar

For TM5 thermomix
https://www.recipecommunity.com.au/...armalade/b4i8sus1-6b1c4-163950-cfcd2-0gmvfg3c

Went to a Renaissance Faire yesterday and acquired a tobacco pipe. It's been fun to noodle around with while outside drinking a homebrew. And there's a whole world of tobacco types and flavors to explore
20230528_200435.jpg

Went to a Renaissance Faire yesterday and acquired a tobacco pipe. It's been fun to noodle around with while outside drinking a homebrew. And there's a whole world of tobacco types and flavors to explore
View attachment 25579
Ah, tobacco has gotten a bad reputation lately. But, as with everything, moderation is the key. And, probably more flavors available than beers...

Ah, tobacco has gotten a bad reputation lately. But, as with everything, moderation is the key. And, probably more flavors available than beers...
Probably better than vapeing man that stuff has gotten outta control amongst the youngsters here in AUS!

Probably better than vapeing man that stuff has gotten outta control amongst the youngsters here in AUS!
Here too Ben. Perhaps less bad than burning tobacco.

A bit a week won't shorten anyone's life, in my uninformed opinion.

Ah, tobacco has gotten a bad reputation lately.

Tobacco's bad reputation is very well deserved. I'll try hard to stay off my soapbox on this topic but, "a bad reputation" implies the badness is a matter of opinion and I wanted to throw out some facts from the CDC. The two main facts that stand out are 480,000 smoke related deaths in the U.S. every year and for every one smoking death there are 30 people living with a serious smoking-related illness.

I know this started as a discussion about pipe smoking but, tobacco is tobacco.

Tobacco's bad reputation is very well deserved. I'll try hard to stay off my soapbox on this topic but, "a bad reputation" implies the badness is a matter of opinion and I wanted to throw out some facts from the CDC. The two main facts that stand out are 480,000 smoke related deaths in the U.S. every year and for every one smoking death there are 30 people living with a serious smoking-related illness.

Indeed it is. And the reputation is deserved.

It's definitely not the healthiest thing to do, but there are a difference between filling 1 pipe in the evening and enjoying sunset vs chainsmoking 1-2 packs a day. Same with pretty much any "unhealthy" substance, from sugar to beer :D

View attachment 25579
Not to be all negative, but my Grandfather smoked a pipe.
He died of stomach cancer at age 83.
I always linked the two, rightly, or wrongly...

It's definitely not the healthiest thing to do, but there are a difference between filling 1 pipe in the evening and enjoying sunset vs chainsmoking 1-2 packs a day. Same with pretty much any "unhealthy" substance, from sugar to beer :D
I know smoking is not good but really only when I'm really stuck do I dare to use tobacco. I know that smoking is harmful but I am also trying not to depend on it.

The rewards of a mis spent youth taking crap apart has rewarded me again.
20230703_154711.jpg

That back bit of the motor came off on my milk frother
20230703_155305.jpg

Put him back on after some dicking around and
20230703_155452.jpg

We're back in action boys and girls I love me some froth on top of most beverages lol:p

Improved the brewery patio drainage got given some 100mm perforated drainage pipe.
20230804_170305.jpg

The edge of the patio always gets wet and mushy hopefully this will solve the problem when washing down.
20230804_170313.jpg

Running it into a pit here then off to the left Into the drain.

Also got the juicer out and juiced a bucket of mandies 3Lt we got.
I told the Mrs I should find something to ferment this with lol:)
20230806_145633.jpg

Back