What's your next brew

Not something I'd enjoy, but My wife would be on that in a heartbeat. That's a pretty complex grist. Looks like you're cleaning out the cupboard:p
I'll take that as a compliment ha ha.
Not really cleaning out the three dark malts hopefully add roast complexity the two caramel malts + caramel fudge type spread for sweetness caramel may be burnt caramel the toasted oats for the silky mouthfeel/body and hopefully the toasted coconut in post primary will bring a.nice.nutty coconutty flavour I'm hoping for some vanilla flavours too just not sure to actually add them.
If it comes out as I describe which I'm sure it won't to the T but whatever the case I'll drink it:D.

I just don't care for non beer tasting beers, but that's just me.

:eek::eek::eek:My wife tells me that I'd drink piss out of an old boot. Does your last sentence imply that you may do the same?

I just don't care for non beer tasting beers, but that's just me.

:eek::eek::eek:My wife tells me that I'd drink piss out of an old boot. Does your last sentence imply that you may do the same?
As long as it's vegan, free range piss from an artisanal small batch boot...;)
I'd at least take a sip and say I tried it

Trying to decide.... I have all that malt from the auction. Got quite a bit of oak-smoked wheat, maybe a Piwo Grodziskie is in my future.
Tried one of those and couldn't get the right malts and was underwhelmed. I'd be interested in a recipe if you do it and enjoy the outcome.

Also on these older styles I was listening to a podcast and thought you may be interested in this site (if you haven't already stumbled on it) - https://dafteejit.com/ or his book - https://dafteejit.com/ebooks/historic-german-and-austrian-beers-for-the-home-brewer/

Tried one of those and couldn't get the right malts and was underwhelmed. I'd be interested in a recipe if you do it and enjoy the outcome.

Also on these older styles I was listening to a podcast and thought you may be interested in this site (if you haven't already stumbled on it) - https://dafteejit.com/ or his book - https://dafteejit.com/ebooks/historic-german-and-austrian-beers-for-the-home-brewer/
I have the book. Recipe is stupid-simple: Oat smoked wheat, Saaz hops, German ale yeast.

I brewed a coconut-coffee stout for my sister last Christmas. It was a first-time recipe, which is not surprising since I don't like coconut! I added freshly course-ground coffee and a bag of toasted coconut to primary at two weeks into a three week fermentation. Coffee aroma and taste was great but there wasn't any coconut aroma or flavor. The bag of toasted coconut flakes came from the baking aisle of the grocery store so it was probably intended more for decorating a cake than flavoring a brew. Next time I'll probably get an actual coconut and toast the flakes myself. Or maybe use coconut extract? @Trialben , be sure to let us know how it turns out.

Not really brewing, but doing a batch of cider tomorrow. Haven't decided if I want to flavor it, kick it up a notch or just go with plain old dry cider. There will be enough left for some apple jack after filling a keg.

The latest(greatest?) version of my Dirty Bohemian(Pilsner) will hit the kettle in the morning. Going to try Mauribrew 497 instead of Diamond Lager or 34/70...in two weeks I'll run a second batch(the first one disappeared all too quickly) of my "Shore Leave" California Common using yeast harvested from tomorrow's brew.

Another Pale Ale, this time featuring Willamette hops. Just one more in this series and then on to some IPAs to enjoy as the weather cools down in late August.

Just made my first lager (Dunkel) today so once that is finished I’ll probably take a shot at a Helles. I do small batches so I’ll brew something with Kveik next week as well; Either another Pale ale with a good amount of wheat in it or a stout.

Thirteen Bitter Years, it is an "inspired by" Three Floyd's Zombie Dust. No idea how accurate the recipe is, and I haven't actually had a real Zombie Dust, so I think that I can do no wrong!
Was all prepped to brew this morning, but ended up in emerge in the wee hours. Based on my experience I have, or at least had a kidney stone. Pretty sure it passed after a couple hours in emerge. Back today for a CT scan. I would rather be making beer...

Was all prepped to brew this morning, but ended up in emerge in the wee hours. Based on my experience I have, or at least had a kidney stone. Pretty sure it passed after a couple hours in emerge. Back today for a CT scan. I would rather be making beer...
Sorry to hear @Craigerrr. I've been lucky enough to say I haven't had one yet, but I have known a few friends who deal with them and it sounds like a terrible experience. Get better man! I'm brewing one for ya today!

My next brew will be another Bell's Two Hearted clone. I've changed the hop amounts up some and changed the grain bill as well. I'm also going to use US-05 yeast this next go around instead of Voss.

Beer stone in a kidney, Now that isn't comfortable at all.

Been there Craigerrr. I feel for you man. The lab tested my stone and said it was calcium. Very common and the doc said to drink more water. Hope you don’t ever have to go through that again.

Thanks guys, pretty sure it passed last night, just had a CT to be sure, waiting for results. My first experience was about 20 years ago, my last experience was about 8 years ago. I was actually thinking about it recently, think I must be due...

Great news! 8mm stone, that is about 5/16"! It has not passed:(Laser surgery is in my very near future.o_O

Back