I brewed today!

Permission error.
Good luck with the bar.
Hey and your pre boil/conversion efficiency is in the brew log entry section check it out.:)
Not sure what you mean about the pre boil comment?

I know you are well familiar with them!
Mine is the smallest (12L/3.2gal) Speidel. I love everything about it *except* the height of the bottom outlet. It is just a bit too low for my typical fermenter sludge (about .5 gal) so I can't really use the spigot to transfer. I mean technically I could, but I think it would be more a PITA than just siphoning. I would love to gravity transfer, but I don't see a way around the trub unless I drain some off and hope it doesn't disturb what's left under the outlet. Not sure that would work.

Questions for you:
What size do you use? (30L, if I remember??)
How much trub volume fits under your bottom outlet?
I have two of the 30L Speidels, very happy with them.

Oh yeah, I wasn't really looking for anything, just making a point. Thanks though.
Was being cheeky.
I use the preboil/conversion logs as a indicator only as to how I'm tracking on brew day. To be honest because i use a hydrometer I don't usually find out what my pre boil gravity was untill half way through the boil anyway because it's cooling in the feezer ha. If it's off it's off I just roll with it and adjust if need next brew through.

What's a couple of gravity point's anyhow i aint gunna taste it :rolleyes:.

Missed by a couple gravity points today on a Milkshake NEIPA.

image.jpg
Another small batch of Herm’s Pale Ale (IPA) in the fermenters, pitched with my harvested yeast slurry from yesterday’s bottling session. There is my bag of spent beer grains, ready for use in expanding my waistline through baking

Brewed me blond again 3rd run.
Upped the oats
Added 530g of passionfruit pulp and 30g mosaic 25g Eureka 25g Vic Secrete 77c 30min whirlpool.
20200502_125000.jpg

Transfer into chamber kviek is sitting ready for pitch.
20200502_141529.jpg

Hit my numbers if anything a bit up on volume but I'm guessing there will be a tun of trub.
20200502_140805.jpg

Clean up:eek:
20200502_140943.jpg

Everything put to bed ready for the fermentation.
20200502_151844.jpg

Last edited:
anyway because it's cooling in the feezer

Grab a wide mouth Mason jar, place your beaker inside the jar then fill the jar with Ice cubes and water. The ice water will pull the heat from the beaker faster than the air in your freezer....you'll be at reading temp much faster and no running to the freezer!

here is my bag of spent beer grains, ready for use in expanding my waistline through baking

Whatcha make with the spent grain Herm??

Nice spigot! Let us know your drilling went, and what height you placed it at
Drilling was easy, used a step bit. Drilled it at the spot they have marked out for this one. After it all settled the trub is right at the base of spigot so next one will be an inch higher.

How did you make cookies from the grains? I gotta ask! I would love to try this!
I just replaced the rolled oat amount and added the spent grains, this recipe called for 1Cup oats...so 1Cup spent grains. I have made bread and dog treats so far.

I just replaced the rolled oat amount and added the spent grains, this recipe called for 1Cup oats...so 1Cup spent grains. I have made bread and dog treats so far.
Very cool! I should try something like this sometime!

I will have to try this for ANZAC biscuits pretty much rolled oats golden syrup and desicated coconut.

Back