What are you drinking right now?

Flat Cap Mild
IMG_5229.jpeg

MyDSC21-097a.jpg

My first ever taste of Dunkel. It's a clone by aldi so I am not sure how authentic. After the first couple of mouthfuls when the gas died down it was pretty damn good. I couldn't quite taste the chocolate or berries noted in the description but if that is what the combination produces I shall have to consider making some.
MyDSC21-097b.jpg

Far tastier than their effort at Tripel I had a few months back.

MyDSC21-097c.jpg

Nice colour and clarity at the bottom I reckon.

MyDSC21-097d.jpg

On to some of my budget Pilsner Light ABV: 4% at 14 months.

Not a fan of Aldi's beer offerings.
I’ve picked up some decent stout there, but please don’t ask me for the name/label. I’ve slept at least twice, and now have official documents to prove I’m old(Medicare card). We mix up between Publix, Wally World, and Aldi, but have also discovered some of the local bottle shops are carrying more craft beer because it’s more readily available since Alabama alcohol regulations have improved.

I’m probably a little more likely to try different stuff than I usually would, but mostly so I can try different styles and understand them better. I used to think I didn’t like IPAS at all, but I’ve found a few from some local brewers that have their stuff together and understand the need for the balance of malt flavor and bitterness. I boo boo on occasion though and get something that’s pretty much liquid ear wax or sour sweat. I’ve learned to READ THE CAN, lol.

View attachment 26122
My first ever taste of Dunkel. It's a clone by aldi so I am not sure how authentic. After the first couple of mouthfuls when the gas died down it was pretty damn good. I couldn't quite taste the chocolate or berries noted in the description but if that is what the combination produces I shall have to consider making some.
View attachment 26123
Far tastier than their effort at Tripel I had a few months back.

View attachment 26124
Nice colour and clarity at the bottom I reckon.

View attachment 26125
On to some of my budget Pilsner Light ABV: 4% at 14 months.

I like the IPA they do. For $6.99 for 6 pack, it tastes ok as hazy IPA's go.

Back