What are you drinking right now?

Copperhead American Amber Ale from the local brewery.
B98E8714-E812-47B5-917F-0187862CF77F.jpeg

MyDSC21-096.jpg

What great timing @Donoroto. My eleven month old 'Wherry' English Amber Ale, ABV: 3.5%. From the official Munton's clone extract kit of Woodforde's most famous ale. Mine is a bit lighter but apart from that it is very close. Improved a lot with the extra maturation whereas the Golden Ale from same series didn't. Kind of middling across the board but in a very satisfying way. I think this will have to be my goto session ale.

So I kegged that peculiar Hefeweitzen today. The sample did not taste even a little 'off', it was as I expected, and actually spot on the recipe numbers (never happened before!). So I will invest the CO2 into carbonating it and we'll see what happens.

I have a photo of the beer in the fermenter just before I packaged it, and the yeast rafts were nearly gone, as were those weird bubbles under the "pellicle" (or whatever it was). I am still wary, but cautiously hopeful.

Nice. Don't see too many of them in the wild these days.
Well, I saw one far too close once - didn't notice it when it was about 6 feet away. Saw it, got closer, screamed loud when I realized it was a SNAKE! and ran into the house.

Unfortunately, it was my first encounter with a venomous snake, so by the time I figured out what to do about it...it was gone.:eek:

We couldn't leave the house. Or maybe it was in the house? Ghaa!

Luckily (for me, not the snake) I did find again, 5 days later. It was in the middle of the street in front of my house, flattened. I compared the photos I took when I first saw it (had to ID it!) to the one in the street, a perfect match. Amen! We could leave the house without carrying a golf club! :rolleyes:

Latest iteration of Bitter Barbarian ESB. This time with Imperial A09 Pub Ale. I think this yeast is the best so far. Although I do have a few more to try. May drop Chocolate Malt by a bit because without the sun behind it, it looks too dark. But that's minor because it tastes great!

Bitter Barbarian ESB.jpg

Latest iteration of Bitter Barbarian ESB. This time with Imperial A09 Pub Ale. I think this yeast is the best so far. Although I do have a few more to try. May drop Chocolate Malt by a bit because without the sun behind it, it looks too dark. But that's minor because it tastes great!

View attachment 26085
Love that yeast

Back