What are you drinking right now?

Gf beer
20230804_172754.jpg

And after was thirsty nice crispy with citrus orange finish from the 40g dried orange
20230804_173236.jpg

Thanks @Zefram for your inspiration man!

Last edited:
Gf beer View attachment 26188
And after was thirsty nice crispy with citrus orange finish from the 40g dried orange View attachment 26189
Thanks @Zefram for your inspiration man!
When you use orange, do you use the whole thing after drying? Except for the seeds, of course. How much fermentable sugar does the dried pulp add. The missus and I both want to get a desiccator for multiple reasons, and just curious how well home dried fruits work in brewing.
I just peeled the zest with a carrot/potato peeler for a batch of Rapier Wit. I used that about 10 minutes before flameout along with some dried peel from the LHBS. I’ve noticed an awful lot of green in their peel supply, meaning it cannot be at peak flavor. I’ve also enhanced it with lemon zest. Any advantage to using it desiccated versus fresh, other than storage? I’d think fresh would impart more flavor to the brew as long as it isn’t added too early.

This is normally a little above my preferred alcohol level at 7%, but a tasty as hell Saison.

Attachments

• 20230804_195717.jpg
    20230804_195717.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 21

Back