You know you did it wrong when...

Well, I’d like to tell you that I disrupted a mugger and saved the day for a little old lady. So there!

Because to say that I was hiking in the woods and got my shoelace caught on a branch stepping over a downed tree and then landing on my face/head right on that tree would be very embarrassing. By the way, eye lids and eye brows bleed like crazy.
Ouch!! At the very least a humorous story :D

These college kids are just throwing themselves into wood chippers and onto spiked out trees! She's had a real doozy of a day.

You know you did it wrong when you max out one hand counting the things that went wrong.
1) Mash tun was not warmed up enough so I guessed at new strike water temp and overshot mash temp by 6 degrees! Had to stir and added ice cubes to bring it back down.
2) I decided to see how fast was too fast for an underlet and got doughballs
3) When adding initial hops, and a boil over was imminent, I turned flame up not down! So I boiled over the first use of my new brew kettle.
4) At 30 minute mark I discovered I had added 10 minute aroma hops (Fuggles) at 60 minutes instead of Northdown. So I added the forgotten hops then and of course skipped the 10 minute hop addition
5) And to finish it off I broke hydrometer when getting OG

I still expect it to be a good beer but.....
20.png
!
Probably the best beer you have ever brewed.

I did notice, if I recall you did point it out early in the meeting.
Stick with the staved off the mugging of an elderly lady.
@Yooper !!!! kicking ASS and taking names!!!!

You know you did it wrong when you move house and have your box with beer brew goodies at the back of the container!

Moving house means moving from a house to a tent while building a house.
It always takes longer than you think!

When you siphon cider into a keg and realize that the last quart or so is on the kitchen floor and in my haste to grab paper towels, I knock over the hydrometer and sample breaking both into pieces. It was quite the sticky mess.

Thanks for the reminder @Frankenbrewer. I need to buy a new hydrometer! I failed to catch it when I poured out the soapy water when I cleaned it after the last brew day.

You know you did it wrong when...
After you know that you got some muck transferred to your keg in a beer that got a pretty decent does of dry hops, but it takes you a third of a keg of disappointing beer before you realize that you have hop debris caught up in your out post, and beer connector.
It is then, and only then that you add the floating dip tube that you should have used in the first place :confused:

If that's the worst that happens I will be quite happy. It would suck to have infected an entire keg because I was careless.

Well, it is already beer, which has some antibacterial effects. Guess you'll just have to drink it fast, before it spoils.

Lol. Mine was every bottle! Had to dump the lot.

That's the plan, unfortunately now I've forgotten which keg I did it to.

You'll just need to drink them all! If we were closer I'm sure we'd all come over and help! :D

Seriously though, unless you had just picked it up off the floor I doubt there is any real chance of infection.

Back