You know you did it wrong when...

I pride myself on my brewing hardware's small footprint. I was reaching to hang my hoses back up, and I tipped my 6.5 gallon fermenting carboy that I had just set upside in the stand to dry. Now my hardware footprint is reduced by the area of said carboy's footprint. Guess I'll be dialing up Amazon.

I pride myself on my brewing hardware's small footprint. I was reaching to hang my hoses back up, and I tipped my 6.5 gallon fermenting carboy that I had just set upside in the stand to dry. Now my hardware footprint is reduced by the area of said carboy's footprint. Guess I'll be dialing up Amazon.
Hope it wasn't glass

When your taking a piss after a big night and the last little bit dribbles on ya toes ha ha don't ya hate that:oops:.

When your fermenting carboy had a blowout on the brew you just racked, so it's a mess both inside and out. I see that I didn't scrub the inside perfectly, and I'm also wondering if I failed to give it a final rinse. Smells like bleach, but that could be my worries setting in.

When you decide this brew I'm gunna be extra sterile and decide to give all ya twiddly bits a quick boil before assembling fermentor and you discover you've melted ya air lock. Yep don't boil them they worp out of shape

When you break up with a woman who works in the HR dept for one of the largest brewers in the country and have aspirations to brew for a living ....i don't want to make the bland stuff they do but they own several smaller brewers who can make nice beer

she got pretty sh!tty when i met a master brewer co worker and we talked about nothing but yeast for 30 mins ....was never going to end well , but i did learn a bit

I was just cleaning out my 6.5 gallon glass carboy, and I popped a hole in it with my cleaning brush. That's a first!

Must have been a weak spot , lucky it wasn't full of precious precious beer at the time
No cuts ? One of the main reasons I've never used glass carboys

How on earth can you pop a hole in glass with a brush :eek:
That's what I was wondering! I do seem to recall a funny looking spot on the carboy, but thought nothing of it at the time. All I can figure is that it had been previously banged there before.

No cuts, and just a few pieces broke off. I'll be nervous for a long time whether I got them all. The pieces went towards a shelf of canned goods.

I was just cleaning out my 6.5 gallon glass carboy, and I popped a hole in it with my cleaning brush. That's a first!
Wow, that was some vigorous cleaning! Lucky you popped the hole in it with the brush and not with 6 gallons of wort!

I like to be thorough! They clean easier when you can get your hand in there. :D

So do glass carboys get brittle with age?

Glass is brittle from new , wouldn't take much of an imperfection to create a weak spot .
Temp changes would have further weakened any flaws

Back