Who do you cheer for?

And nothing was said...
View attachment 14770
Screenshot_20210320-110823__01.jpg

Leafs back up Goalie Jack Campbell has more wins than the Buffalo Sabres!

Plus side Calgary is 1-8 in their last 9 so that's good for me.

Leafs back up Goalie Jack Campbell has more wins than the Buffalo Sabres!
If not for a stupid CBA loophole the before mentioned Campbell would be a Sabre.

After losing 18 straight they are 3-0-2 in their last 5 and that's with Eichel on the shelf still. Amazing what getting rid of a coach with a terrible system and then getting back even an average NHL goalie (compared to the AHL/ECHL quality guys they've been running with) from injury can do for a team.
Also I know New Jersey isn't great but just got a 5-3 win without Eichel, Cozens or Hall (who's trade must be close to be healthy scratched) and got the rare (1st ever by my count) Rasmi hat trick. Goals from Rasmus Asplund, Rasmus Dahlin and the empty netter from Rasmus Ristolainen. If they don't do something collosally stupid like trade Eichel I really think next year is finally the year they're back

Things should definitely not be as bad as they are in Buffalo bud!
So what is Rasmus, is it like the name John or Mike, or Steve in Finland?
Sorry for the dig on your team bud, better times ahead for the Sabres I am sure;)

As an Edmonton fan since childhood I feel your pain, but at the same time now the curse seems to have moved on and I don't want it back.

Things should definitely not be as bad as they are in Buffalo bud!
So what is Rasmus, is it like the name John or Mike, or Steve in Finland?
Sorry for the dig on your team bud, better times ahead for the Sabres I am sure;)
Well 2 of them are actually swedish. Ristolainen is Finnish but yes somehow we lead the NHL in guys named Rasmus. I think we have more Swedes than Canadians. Think we have more Americans too

So....howsabout them Leafs...:p
Ugh!
Gutsy performances by those Canucks though, credit where credit is due.
Need more toughness and tenacity, but will Foligno be enough?

Sorry @SabreSteve , this just tickled my funny bone!
View attachment 15488
It's true though...

Spent much of today thinking about the Andrew Shaw stuff, it's sad when someone is forced to retire so young just to protect their standard of living later in life. Then I spent all night on Twitter arguing about whether hockey would still be hockey without body checking. I'm not saying I want it to happen but that's where I see the game going eventually. I will say though if you actually like really watch women's hockey it's plenty exciting even with no hitting. Speed and skill come to the forefront so much more when you can't fall back on physical play. Either way I just wish Shaw the best in retirement and hope it's a healthy one

What happened to Shaw?

Oh yeah that sucks. I don't blame him. I don't like how many people get hurt either, I am quite glad to stop playing contact hockey.

Back