Who do you cheer for?

Back to back donuts..... Im betting Leaf's throw in their 4th string goalie Wednesday just to give us a chance. geez.
I think Wednesday will be a totally different game.
You watch, the Maplestupids will put Freddie back in after two different backups post shutouts.
Leafs will lose 5-4, while 97 & 29 get 12 points each!
I don't get the love in that (other) Leafs fans have with Fred.
He let's in the soft ones way too often, and he often let's them in early.
If he doesn't let one in early demoralizing the team, he will wait until the team really needs "that save" then poof he lets in flubber, and... momentum killed!
I don't know if Campbell is really any better than Fred, but I am more than willing to find out.

I had to pull the full game reports up on Natural Stat Trick to make sense of those games since I didn't watch them. Didn't make sense because the Oilers dominated every major analytical category for both games. The 4-0 loss they controlled play the entire game. The 3-0 loss the Leafs owned the 1st and then it was all Oilers. I'm not saying the Oilers should have won but they shouldn't have gotten shut out with the shot quality they were generating. Kinda the same problem as the Sabres right now, not getting enough saves and the guys that should be scoring aren't. Since they aren't the Sabres if they all just relax a bit and let the game come to them they should bounce back. They just need to not panic

To fans of the Edmonton Oilers
Sorry, I couldn't help myself, and this may come back to bite me in the ass.

Nobody Oilers it like the Oilers.

Did the Oilers dominate all of the "analytic" stats again @SabreSteve ?
FYI, I am not into all of these stats with names that I don't understand.
One stat the I think the NHL should change is plus/minus. That stat should be based on even strength play only in my opinion. Special team numbers really skew those numbers.
Having said that, I think there are currently 2 Leafs who have a minus number in that column at the moment...

Did the Oilers dominate all of the "analytic" stats again @SabreSteve ?
FYI, I am not into all of these stats with names that I don't understand.
One stat the I think the NHL should change is plus/minus. That stat should be based on even strength play only in my opinion. Special team numbers really skew those numbers.
Having said that, I think there are currently 2 Leafs who have a minus number in that column at the moment...
I haven't looked but I wouldn't be surprised. To be honest the "fancy" stats are all pretty much just based on volume and location of shot attempts. Generally though if a team has more overall quality of attempts (as opposed to quantity) they're going to have a better chance of winning. That's where xG or "expected goals" comes in. Each shot attempt is given a value based on how often an attempt from that location results in a goal. It's a bit more complicated than that if you're actually doing the tracking but that's the basic idea. A team with a greater xG total for the game could be expected to be leading but we all know hockey is a random game where one lucky or unlucky bounce can affect the outcome of the game. So yeah it can tell you if a win or loss was more a fluke based on how you're playing but it's not really predictive short term but over longer samples. Like a couple years ago when the Sabres had that 10 game winning streak and then completely collapsed, all the analytics people were warning that the Sabres underlying numbers were poor and that level of success was unsustainable. They were right and the team cratered...

One for the Oilers fans
I know, 97 & 29 probably combine for high point totals on a regular basis, but we Leaf fans clung to this monumentous record that may never be broken.
Screenshot_20210304-180547_Facebook.jpg

And one for the Buffalo fans too!
One of the best lines in hockey history!
Screenshot_20210304-180620_Facebook.jpg

Yeah I suppose some Leafs line from the 70's probably right?:D:D
At the time that was probably the fastest line in the league
I don't know if "the best third line ever" is anything anyone ever gave any thought to. If there was one, I would have to point to those powerhouse Habs teams of the 70's. Their 4th lines might have been better than most teams 1st lines...

I don't know if "the best third line ever" is anything anyone ever gave any thought to. If there was one, I would have to point to those powerhouse Habs teams of the 70's. Their 4th lines might have been better than most teams 1st lines...
Yeah that's almost not fair though. Modern era and certainly post-lockout it's the RAV line

Fun Fact!

Jack Eichel, Jeff Skinner, Taylor Hall - 5 goals total on the season.
Collectively approx 27 million in salary

Jimmy Vessy - 5 goals on the season
Salary - 900,000

Priceless!

Fun Fact!

Jack Eichel, Jeff Skinner, Taylor Hall - 5 goals total on the season.
Collectively approx 27 million in salary

Jimmy Vessy - 5 goals on the season
Salary - 900,000

Priceless!
Yeah that's what happens when your head coach is a motivational speaker/snake oil salesman who doesn't know how to fit systems to personnel but these Oilers guys know about that too

Got you beat, Kailer Yamamoto, 7 goals...$894,600.00
Kailer is having a good year, but how many of those 7 goals did Connor bounce in off his butt?
:D:p:);):eek::oops::rolleyes:

Back