Who do you cheer for?

I just had to come back to revisit my love and adoration for the gentleman's gentleman, the late great Johnny Bower. Just a few of my sports memorabilia items that Johnny is pictured in. The That is yours truly with my arm around my most beloved Maple Leaf, that was a great day! I was 9 the first time I met Johnny, he was a scout for the Leafs, and was scouting a game the my Dad took us to. Half way through the game my Dad recognized him on the other side of the rink. Small rink, might seat 500 to 1000 people. My older brother and I went around to the other side of the rink, approached him and very softly said "Mr. Bower,may we please have your autograph?" He said yes with his smile. In the picture of Johnny with the cup, he signed that autograph the night of the golf tournament while we chatted for a while. The very first time you meet Johnny, with his firm handshake and his big genuine smile you felt like you already knew him. RIP Johnny.

20210213_142249.jpg
20210213_142253.jpg
20210213_142301.jpg
20210213_142350.jpg
20210213_142407.jpg
20210214_205638.jpg
20210214_205643.jpg

Probably too soon to poke fun about dropping a 5-1 lead to the Sens?

:eek:

Haha. Oilers also lost despite a strong push late in the game.

Probably too soon to poke fun about dropping a 5-1 lead to the Sens?

:eek:
Never too soon , that was brutal! Actually saw it coming, Freddie was due for a night off...

NONE, seriously, I don't follow any pro or college teams for any sports. Just never got into it, kids never played in sports teams.

This is pretty cool!
Not sure why none of the California teams will be playing...
20210220_105142.jpg

This is pretty cool!
Not sure why none of the California teams will be playing...
View attachment 14339
Vegas is technically the "local" team to that area but I don't get the eastern teams thing. I think they probably didn't do the southern California teams for the 2nd game because they were expected to be bad and it would be bad for ratings

Claude Jullien fired by the Habs (again), while they're sitting in a playoff spot! What a day!

They are something like 1-5 in their last 6, and his contract is up at the end of the season. If they aren't going g to resign him, might as well get it done now,try and save the season.

Use to play mini sticks with my son in his room for hours when he was little, mad good times! He will be 22 this year!

Okay, so the anthem singer in Edmonton, holy man! That guy is intense, stressed me out a bit!

A few shout outs tonight!

Last night is the type of game that drive us stats guys crazy. Oilers dominated the possession and shot quality metrics and the Leafs won 4-0. Hockey is a wonderfully random and stupid game

Back to back donuts..... Im betting Leaf's throw in their 4th string goalie Wednesday just to give us a chance. geez.

Back