Who do you cheer for?

Teemu was a beauty start to Finnish (pun intended).
Ya, the Big M, Henri, and a kid named Dryden had their say.
Check out this video, Jim Pappinis robed by Dryden at the 4:00 minute mark of the video.
The hair and the side burns on Dryden are killer in the parade!
I clearly remember watching this game, even though I was a Leaf fan, Dryden was my hero!
I was a goalie at the time...

Teemu was a beauty start to Finnish (pun intended).
Ya, the Big M, Henri, and a kid named Dryden had their say.
Check out this video, Jim Pappinis robed by Dryden at the 4:00 minute mark of the video.
The hair and the side burns on Dryden are killer in the parade!
I clearly remember watching this game, even though I was a Leaf fan, Dryden was my hero!
I was a goalie at the time...
Dryden is my #2 goalie of all time behind Hasek. Roy is #3

Johnny Bower had all of his great seasons with the Leafs while I was too young to be aware of, but he is my #1, #2, #3, number whatever!
I had the opportunity to meet him on a number of occasions, and on one occasion had the opportunity sit and chat with him for several minutes. Johnny's proudest accomplishment is a record that still stands today, and likely will stand for all time. Johnny holds the record for shutouts in the AHL. He didn't play his first NHL game until he was 33. The Rangers sent future hall of famer Gump Worsley to the minors for an entire season to teach him a lesson for asking to be paid more money. After one cup win against Detroit, Gordie Howe spoke to the crowd in Toronto with his arm around Johnny. Everyone loved Johnny, true salt of the earth gentleman.
Check out Bower's bare face save at 1:22 of this video.

Johnny Bower had all of his great seasons with the Leafs while I was too young to be aware of, but he is my #1, #2, #3, number whatever!
I had the opportunity to meet him on a number of occasions, and on one occasion had the opportunity sit and chat with him for several minutes. Johnny's proudest accomplishment is a record that still stands today, and likely will stand for all time. Johnny holds the record for shutouts in the AHL. He didn't play his first NHL game until he was 33. The Rangers sent future hall of famer Gump Worsley to the minors for an entire season to teach him a lesson for asking to be paid more money. After one cup win against Detroit, Gordie Howe spoke to the crowd in Toronto with his arm around Johnny. Everyone loved Johnny, true salt of the earth gentleman.
Check out Bower's bare face save at 1:22 of this video.
Yeah hard to compare goalies in the maskless, stand up era. Not doubting Bower was great. I have Hasek and Dryden as my top 2 because they put up career save percentages over .920 in eras where the league average was typically below .900. When Hasek left the NHL he had 5 of the top 6 single season save percentages. Worth noting that Hasek didn't become a starter in the NHL until he was 29 and then Dominated (pun intended) the league through his 30s. He was likely on his way at 41 to winning another Cup with the Sens with a .925 in 41 games before he got hurt at the Olympics. Sabres fans often like to talk about if we didn't suffer so many injuries in the 2006 playoffs that we'd have easily won the Cup but I don't know if that's true if Hasek doesn't get hurt also

Oh! I'm not saying Johnny was the best ever, he is just my all time most favorite! Having spent some time with him personally, he holds a special place in my heart!

Fehr?
I remember the Leafs trading a guy named Fuhr to Buffalo, never heard the Fehr guy though!
Ranford was pretty good too!

Whoops, definitely meant to type the one and only Grant Fuhr, not one my coworkers last names (Fehr :) )

Oilers took a page out of the Leafs playbook in recent years. On the wrong side of almost every game stat, but pulled off a win tonight!

Well according to me (and The Great One) Mr. Grant Fehr was the greatest of all time :)

He was amazing to watch, so much cocaine in his system he never ran out of energy.

Yeah but from the stories I heard Fuhr was on a completely different playing field.

Hawkbox, did you watch the game yesterday? Gotta love the 3 stars of Smith, Nurse and Jujhar, what a motley crew! Pretty stoked on some of the new additions to the team this season, especially Tyson Barrie - kids got a crazy slap shot he's not afraid to unleash at will!

Hawkbox, did you watch the game yesterday? Gotta love the 3 stars of Smith, Nurse and Jujhar, what a motley crew! Pretty stoked on some of the new additions to the team this season, especially Tyson Barrie - kids got a crazy slap shot he's not afraid to unleash at will!
Glad to see Barrie has recovered from the psychological abuse inflicted on him by Mike (the soul stealer) Babcock.
Ask Johan Franzen how he is doing, Babcock absolutely ruined that poor man.

I hadn't watched it, I'm not that big into watching hockey vs playing it. We generally suck so bad it's just not fun.

Back