Who do you cheer for?

I was just reading about this, bit of a mess...

I was just reading about this, bit of a mess...
The Sabres had requested more info about the Devils outbreak from the league and the request was denied. The Devils had a player placed on the Covid list before the trip and then another player added after Saturday's game but Sunday's game was allowed to continue as scheduled. Can't say I'm surprised with this league though

Wait what happened with the Devils?

They had to shut down for Covid protocol but not before traveling to Buffalo and involving our team. They placed a player on the Covid list Friday before traveling to Buffalo but the Saturday game was still played. Then after Saturday's game another player was placed on the list and the Sabres were concerned but the Sunday game was played anyways. Then Monday the Devils put 4 more players on the list and had to shut down for a week. Yesterday the Sabres had to put 2 players on the Covid list and shut down for a week also. They were supposed to play last night. Those weekend games shouldn't have ever happened

The NHL strategy in 2020 of creating 2 "bubbles" for an expanded playoff format was a hardship on all the teams involved, but an effective mitigation strategy. The 2021 strategy of realigning divisions to make it look like you have a strategy is a marketing ploy and does indeed prove Gary Bettmann to be more than just an a-hole but also pretty stupid.

The NHL strategy in 2020 of creating 2 "bubbles" for an expanded playoff format was a hardship on all the teams involved, but an effective mitigation strategy. The 2021 strategy of realigning divisions to make it look like you have a strategy is a marketing ploy and does indeed prove Gary Bettmann to be more than just an a-hole but also pretty stupid.
I mean the NFL did ok with their setup and the NBA seems to be doing ok. I think the NHL is arrogant cause their bubble was the best bubble. They've had 90 players placed on the Covid list, that's like 10% of the league. I think a shutdown is imminent and they're going to need to discuss atleast mini-bubbles

Don Edward's
Played for my Kitchener Rangers for two years of Major Junior A
Drafted by Buffalo, played 6 seasons with the Sabres, 3 with the Calgary Flames, and finally 38 games with the Maple Stupids in 85/86. 459 games played, 208 wins, 155 losses, 74 ties. Look at all of that leather! And that mask!
FB_IMG_1612449345282.jpg

Don Edward's
Played for my Kitchener Rangers for two years of Major Junior A
Drafted by Buffalo, played 6 seasons with the Sabres, 3 with the Calgary Flames, and finally 38 games with the Maple Stupids in 85/86. 459 games played, 208 wins, 155 losses, 74 ties. Look at all of that leather! And that mask!
View attachment 14062
If you like that there's actually a company called second string leather that makes wallets and other leather goods by recycling old goalie equipment. They're pretty nice and I've wanted one but they're a bit out of my price range at the moment

Uh Oh, this could get a whole lot worse...
Not to mention, Ralph is not a young man, I hope he will be okay:(

Sabres head coach Krueger tests positive for COVID-19

How about another goalie fight tonight in Alberta?

That would be glorious but Smith on injury reserve.

only thing Koskonin is fighting is a receding hairline, he ain’t the knuckles type.

How about a GO LEAFS GO then...

Back