Who do you cheer for?

One of the two greatest of all time. Some of his records are remarkable!

He is the only player to win the Stanley Cup and Conn Smythe, Hart, Art Ross and Norris trophies in a single season (1969-70). He is the only NHL defenseman to have nine hat tricks in his career, and in 1970-71 set single-season records for assists (102), points by a defenseman (139) and rating (plus-124).
He is the only defenceman to ever win the Art Ross, he did it twice.
Don Cherry always said that there should have been another league for him to play in.

FB_IMG_1611632631887.jpg

Oh neat, a competitive league for women players? Will be nice to see something beyond the usual olympic blow outs.

Game day coffee,in a game day coffee mug this morning, Mr. Tkacuk better have eyes in the back of his head tonight!
20210126_091210.jpg

Sabres - Win
Leafs - Win
Oilers - sorry, never mind...

This might just come back to bite me in the rear over the next 4 days...

Oh neat, a competitive league for women players? Will be nice to see something beyond the usual olympic blow outs.
Yeah the NWHL is up to 6 teams now with the Toronto Six coming in (yes that's the team name, I think it's lame too) it's always been a tight league with so few teams and they only sign 1 year deals so there's a lot of player movement. Reminds me a lot of the NLL with players working jobs during the week, sometimes in different cities, and then playing on the weekend. I think eventually like the NLL it can grow and expand a bit more. The NWHL Isobel Cup bubble this year is a double round robin and then a 2 round playoff so it'll definitely have an olympic/international feel to it.

Sabres - Win
Leafs - Win
Oilers - sorry, never mind...

This might just come back to bite me in the rear over the next 4 days...
I'll tell you 3-3-1 feels a lot better than 1-3-1. Starting to feel a little more optimistic that maybe they can continue to get results. Goaltending still worries me, especially when their former soccer club president head coach decides to come right out in the 3rd period and park the bus with a one goal lead. Really hope he knows this isn't soccer:D I was terrified for most of the 3rd, particularly when Hall took a penalty with under 2 and the other goalie pulled but the goalie bailed them out for once. Was definitely a heart stopping ending. I might need a defibrillator for the next game.

Also Eichel finally breaking through makes me feel better. He was on pace for 0 goals and like 64 assists and I was worried he'd somehow pull that off!

I'd start talking some $hit about the upcoming Leafs/Oilers games but that hasn't worked out well for me as of late

I just hope that both teams play well, and everyone has fun! I bet you guys love playing against Sucky Tkachuky all the time!

We don’t speak of Tkachuk too much in this house unless we are recalling the glorious game in which Kassian ragdolled him.

Tonight it is fun watching my kids scream at Leon Draisaitl through the TV to learn the lines.

We don’t speak of Tkachuk too much in this house unless we are recalling the glorious game in which Kassian ragdolled him.

Tonight it is fun watching my kids scream at Leon Draisaitl through the TV to learn the lines.
That's awesome, did you get Gord Miller, and Ray Ferraro calling the game?

I don't know Michael's, but I like Debrusk. I figured it would be a different crew, Miller and Ferarro are pretty Leaf centric.
Regardless of the outcome, it was a pretty good game.

Great game. Not sure what’s up with those Oiler jerseys. Eeesh.

Great game. Not sure what’s up with those Oiler jerseys. Eeesh.
Better than the Leafso_O:confused:

Two teams that clearly didn't get the Reverse retro concept. The Oilers just took their current road jersey and inverted the blue and orange. The Leafs... Well I don't know what they were trying to do

Back