Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

I have heard that the Japanese are Single Malt junkies!

I just went to get a little somin', somin', realized that I bought a new Buffalo Trace a while back, but neglected to open er' up...
20210227_212034.jpg

I have heard that the Japanese are Single Malt junkies!

I just went to get a little somin', somin', realized that I bought a new Buffalo Trace a while back, but neglected to open er' up...
View attachment 14470
I may have to try and get myself some Harmony. The Japanese stuff is really interesting to me.

Not to be generalizing dis-respectfully. Every culture has its signature traits. I think one aspect of the Japanese culture is to not do anything half way. Commitment and the honor of keeping it are indelible.
Hope that isn't too deep.

Am I the only one that thinks that Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select Barrel Proof is really good stuff? It's like a banana fosters caramel sauced bourbon. So good!

I have never had it so I can't comment

Am I the only one that thinks that Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select Barrel Proof is really good stuff? It's like a banana fosters caramel sauced bourbon. So good!
Nope! Love me some Jack! I've always thought Jack Daniels tasted like banana nut bread. The single barrel is that on steroids and super delicious. Gentleman Jack isn't bad either, and I'll pick it up occasionally when it's on sale, but I prefer the rough edges on regular Jack.

Nope, you are not alone. An outstanding example of their best work.

Had a wee pinch of Buffalo Trace tonight. This a great Bourbon, this from an ardent single malt man!

Which Four Roses? I think they have around 5 different ones out right now.
I am away from home now, so I don’t know which variety. The bottle cost $21 at Whole Paycheck, so it isn’t their high end stuff for sure.

Anyone tried the Red Breast 12 year Cask Strength? Thinking about picking up a bottle.

I have not had that, I have had this and it is a beauty.
With 20 bottles in my collection at the moment, and having maybe 1-2 drams a week, it will be a while before I go shopping, but this will be on my list!
upload_2021-3-25_12-15-10.png

I have not had that, I have had this and it is a beauty.
With 20 bottles in my collection at the moment, and having maybe 1-2 drams a week, it will be a while before I go shopping, but this will be on my list!
View attachment 14871

Nice, shoot a pic of your collection if you have the chance. Would love to see it.

Back