Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

Hey bourbon drinkers...I need a recommendation for a buddy turning the big 60.....What's a nice bottle in the $100 range?

Price will vary by state/city, so even though I have found all of these under 100, it may be 3 times that amount in your area. Not sure what your buddy likes, but here are some bourbons in no particular order:
  • Weller Full Proof
  • Weller 107
  • Stagg jr
  • Weller 12
  • EH Taylor Single Barrel or Barrel Strength
  • Elmer T Lee
  • Bookers
  • Bakers 7 year old SiB
  • Noah Mills
  • Jack Daniels Barrel proof SiB
  • Old Forester Barrel Strength SiB
  • Knob Creek 12 year
  • Four Roses Barrel Strength SiB
  • Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
  • Larceny Barrel Proof
Happy hunting and be sure to let us know what you decide to go with.

Thanks @thunderwagn , @AGbrewer and all....what are your thoughts on the "craft" whiskeys? Doing a little digging locally with the Whiskey Rebellion in mind, Pennsylvania has quite a strong showing for corn liquor from what I am finding. And I thought that expression "Pennsyltucky" had to do with other qualities! ;)

Thanks @thunderwagn , @AGbrewer and all....what are your thoughts on the "craft" whiskeys? Doing a little digging locally with the Whiskey Rebellion in mind, Pennsylvania has quite a strong showing for corn liquor from what I am finding. And I thought that expression "Pennsyltucky" had to do with other qualities! ;)

I love the "Pennsyltucky" thing. We refer to Fernley, about 30 miles away, as "Ferntucky", and they to us as "Falabama", so I get the other
?qualities? :)

I love the "Pennsyltucky" thing. We refer to Fernley, about 30 miles away, as "Ferntucky", and they to us as "Falabama", so I get the other
?qualities? :)

Yeah...we get it...enough said.....Marylanders and West Virginians do the same!

PXL_20210103_013649349.jpg

You might want to check this link out since you live in PA. It's the ultimate "unicorn" in the bourbon world. Most whisky connoisseurs agree that it is one of the best bourbons on the market if not the best. Can't give you my opinion because I've never seen one in the wild and won't pay secondary. However, I'm sure that your buddy would love to get it as a gift. It's a little on the high end of the price range you mentioned, but would definitely be worth it in my opinion.

Let us know what you end up with. Cheers!

https://www.media.pa.gov/pages/liquor-control-board-details.aspx?newsid=612

You might want to check this link out since you live in PA. It's the ultimate "unicorn" in the bourbon world. Most whisky connoisseurs agree that it is one of the best bourbons on the market if not the best. Can't give you my opinion because I've never seen one in the wild and won't pay secondary. However, I'm sure that your buddy would love to get it as a gift. It's a little on the high end of the price range you mentioned, but would definitely be worth it in my opinion.

Let us know what you end up with. Cheers!

https://www.media.pa.gov/pages/liquor-control-board-details.aspx?newsid=612

LOL! Have you been talking to the wife?? We came across a news segment on Pappy this weekend and went looking just for snicks...then I come home tonight and she tells me she entered the PA lottery for Pappy! Gotta love me some coinkeedinks!

I got him a bottle of 2 year old straight bourbon from Wigle out of Pittsburgh. They had some other barrel finished versions in a scotch barrel but I liked the idea of something simple to go with his single malt collection. It's got a bunch of awards and is all natural, local sourced and the history behind the outfit and the connection to the Whiskey Rebellion added to the cool factor...oh yeah...I could get it shipped there too!

Pennsylvania Straight Bourbon – Wigle Whiskey

Back