What's your next brew

Second batch of a Session IPA today. Packaging off 3 tanks Thursday and Friday. Packing a Double Juicy IPA, Peaches and Cream Sour, and an Apricot Pale Ale!
Peaches and cream? What kind of ingredients are in that??

Ya see, here in Georgia we gots peaches...

Peaches and cream? What kind of ingredients are in that??

Ya see, here in Georgia we gots peaches...

standard sour recipe, added 2 more lbs of lactose(6#s instead of 4). 84#s of aseptic peach puree and 250ml of Vanilla. ill edit in a link to the recipe. I think its actually pretty damn good(carbing it right now). The apricot pale ale is really good.

added my base sour recipe. i flip between 4 and 6#s of lactose depending on what the fruit/goal is.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1383335

Last edited:
Yeah, citrus is gonna like the warmer climes. Was the vodka marinade for sanitation? I just dumped the zest into the boil about 10 minutes before flameout, along with the coriander. The coriander seems to hide the citrus from desiccated peel, but the oils from fresh zest aren’t that easily hidden. This batch is as good as any I’ve made on the recipe. How much impact did the vodka have on the FG? Seems that would make it a fortified brew.
Sorry I missed this, so I’m replying now. As @Sandy Feet said, the vodka is meant to sanitize and extract aroma/flavor from the tangerine peel to create a tincture. The vodka tincture was added to the fermenter on the day before bottling, and it had the desired effect. I did not account for any effect on FG, as the amount was all of about 2 ounces (a typical shot).

Hear ya on that. My last brew was planned for 3 Fridays in a row before it got done, lol
Good news / Bad news...
We have a wedding on Sunday, so I will be brewing Saturday morning (good news)
We have family here from out of country and are getting together for dinner Saturday, so I will miss the zoom meeting (that's the bad news, for some anyway, I think;))
I am brewing Cragunitas, which is my take on Lagunitas IPA
If you look it up here the recipe is a bit out of date from the current iteration, but it is close.
Cheers!

My next one is probably going to be a Festbier, but my current beer is just now ready. It might be a bit- well, maybe not. I like this beer a lot LOL

Just brewed my 100th batch!!! (and 101)
Mr. Freeze extra pale ale with comet and chinook.

(I think Ben will be disappointed it wasn’t Mango Milkshake)
You know what woulda been cool re brew the first batch you ever made for your hundredth you know to see and taste how far you've come...:rolleyes:

Congratulations Vallka ;)

Imperial stout pushing my equipment to the max

20230901_110704.jpg

Back