What's your next brew

I'll be brewing some penny pincher beers for the next while nothing exciting I'm tightening my belt so to speak car has shat itself and were in a bit of a pinch.

Expect to see some Adjuncts and raw sugar in my beers :D

Ginger Ninger
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger

As from notes
4/2022

Brew will be
Bursons pale malt
Munich maybe I'll up to 500g
Then the wheat will be what's left over with my flaked
And then rolled oats untill 400g

Also will boil 50g ginger at 60mins

Then I'll no chill overnight with my ginger will leave out tumeric this.
I'll add in at the No Chill 20 fresh leaves of lemon Myrtle 1 for each liter ish.

No dry hop this time just boil flame out additions.
Fermenting with RWS overnight with Belgian saison 1.
Will kick off fermentation @ what ever transfer temp is next day.
Sounds like fun
Too bad about your car, Ben. Hope you guys can work that out soon. In the meantime, I guess you might be relying on your bicycle more. Good luck, brew on!

Now that the weather is warming up..... I wanted to make a coconut cream ale. Anybody got any suggestions of the best way to use the coconut? I was thinking about using some coconut water in my mash or boil. Then adding some more at flameout. And then a big drop of toasted coconut into the secondary. For hops I plan to use Sabro. I would appreciate any suggestions.....

Now that the weather is warming up..... I wanted to make a coconut cream ale. Anybody got any suggestions of the best way to use the coconut? I was thinking about using some coconut water in my mash or boil. Then adding some more at flameout. And then a big drop of toasted coconut into the secondary. For hops I plan to use Sabro. I would appreciate any suggestions.....
Yeah the one time I used toasted flaked coconut it didn't hang around long.
Use alot.

This Sunday my plan is to make a Coconut Porter. Having never used coconut, and having heard that "go big or go home" is the proper dosage for coconut (as @Trialben suggests), I plan on adding some toasted coconut at flameout, some more as a "dry hop" and possibly a tincture at packaging, if necessary. I may add a bit of vanilla extract as well, as an enhancer.

Hoping for the best.

I'll be brewing some penny pincher beers for the next while nothing exciting I'm tightening my belt so to speak car has shat itself and were in a bit of a pinch.

Ginger Ninger
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/828285/ginger-ninger

As from notes
4/2022

Brew will be
Bursons pale malt

I'll add in at the No Chill 20 fresh leaves of lemon Myrtle 1 for each liter ish.

Will kick off fermentation @ what ever transfer temp is next day.
Sounds like fun
Sorry to hear about the car.

I used 1/2 pound toasted coconut in a 5-gallon batch of porter, along with 2 ounces of coconut flour, both as a 'dry hop' and got good coconut aroma and flavor.

The beer didn't last long enough to lose it.

I used 1/2 pound toasted coconut in a 5-gallon batch of porter, along with 2 ounces of coconut flour, both as a 'dry hop' and got good coconut aroma and flavor.

The beer didn't last long enough to lose it.
That sounds more like it.

I was thinking in a cream ale there won't be as much other flavours there to overwhelm the coconut so maybe less will still be noticeable in a clean gritted adjunct beer like cream ale.

My stout there had a lot of things going on the coconut was just a minor player and yup I'd def up the coconut like double in future on that one.

Food for thought see what others think?
Coconut in cream ale
Coconut in stout .

Sorry to hear about the car.
We're still driving it but the cylinder head is cracked or something coolant is showing up in the oil (milky) I thought our radiator was leaking but no it's a bit more serious than that.
I have some fond memories in our little suzuki grand vitara we've gone some interesting places in her...

That sounds like some of the cars I had.
Esp my Toyota hilux....
Driving a baby pajero now

As for coconut:
I think it is great in a curry, with a glass of cold pilsner. I wouldn't want it in my beer though :D

And I have gotten to like Coconut on shrimp. Yup, not too sure about beer.
(But willing to try)

We're still driving it but the cylinder head is cracked or something coolant is showing up in the oil (milky) I thought our radiator was leaking but no it's a bit more serious than that.
I have some fond memories in our little suzuki grand vitara we've gone some interesting places in her...
It could be just the head gasket. Cheaper than both a head and an engine.

If I was nearer I'd stop by and have a look.

It could be just the head gasket. Cheaper than both a head and an engine.

If I was nearer I'd stop by and have a look.
Yeah we had it into a mechanic They rekons cracked cylinder head you'd find out if the gasket was crap doing a pressure test aye?

Ginger Ninger

As from notes
4/2022

Brew will be
Bursons pale malt

I'll add in at the No Chill 20 fresh leaves of lemon Myrtle 1 for each liter ish.​

Will kick off fermentation @ what ever transfer temp is next day.​
Sounds like fun

Sometimes the cheap stuff is purty good when ya get home from work after a long day and all ya wanna do is kick yer feet up and have a cold one. One of my cheapest ($28 for a 5 gallon batch or about 50 cents per bottle) is one of my favorites for summer beer. Alcohol isn't so stupid that I wanna go all bunta and try to fly off my deck, and it's got some citrus in it that seems to help curb the 'thirsties'. I've done the original many times, but have added some lemon peel to it on occasion to get a combo citrus of orange and lemon. Fair dinkum after a hot day in the yard.

Think I'm gonna order some bulk supplies to get some bottles filled up for the summer and get some stock put on the shelves. The recipe is stoopid simple and the boil is only 30 minutes. Low ABV, good back-porch drinkin'. I think I managed to get some southern and southernER slang in this one. Heh heh.​

Back