What's your next brew

We're still driving it but the cylinder head is cracked or something coolant is showing up in the oil (milky) I thought our radiator was leaking but no it's a bit more serious than that.
I have some fond memories in our little suzuki grand vitara we've gone some interesting places in her...

Hope it's just the head gasket as Don said. A new head won't be cheap, but still a lot cheaper than a whole engine. If it's just the gasket, shouldn't be too bad a repair. But, if it has overhead cam(s), well, the whole front's coming off the engine too to take the timing belts off. If it's a V6 or V8, better do both heads or you'll be right back at the mechanic's in no time. A lotta R&R on parts that only need to be removed once if you do both heads at one time on a V6 or V8.

Hope it's just the head gasket as Don said. A new head won't be cheap, but still a lot cheaper than a whole engine. If it's just the gasket, shouldn't be too bad a repair. But, if it has overhead cam(s), well, the whole front's coming off the engine too to take the timing belts off. If it's a V6 or V8, better do both heads or you'll be right back at the mechanic's in no time. A lotta R&R on parts that only need to be removed once if you do both heads at one time on a V6 or V8.
Yeah new car me old mate not worth changing the engine.:)

We're still driving it but the cylinder head is cracked or something coolant is showing up in the oil (milky) I thought our radiator was leaking but no it's a bit more serious than that.
I have some fond memories in our little suzuki grand vitara we've gone some interesting places in her...
Sounds like a blown head gasket to me.

Sometime in the next few weeks I will be doing a brew with my work friend who got me into brewing.
He does 10 gallon batches, so I will donate the ingredients, he will do all of the work and I will get a keg of beer to enjoy!
My back continues to improve, it is better now than I can remember for a long time, I am hopeful that I can get back to brewing at some point...

Sometime in the next few weeks I will be doing a brew with my work friend who got me into brewing.
He does 10 gallon batches, so I will donate the ingredients, he will do all of the work and I will get a keg of beer to enjoy!
My back continues to improve, it is better now than I can remember for a long time, I am hopeful that I can get back to brewing at some point...
Congrats on the recovery Craigerrr. Don't forget to take it easy tho :) I recently went too hard and am now paying for it. I feel like I set myself back a month or two from where I was :oops:

Good luck with the brew! Can't wait to hear about it. Cheers!

Yeah we had it into a mechanic They rekons cracked cylinder head you'd find out if the gasket was crap doing a pressure test aye?
Yes. The kind of leak is different depending on what's bad. A new head is cheaper than a new car, but maybe it is time...

Sometimes the cheap stuff is purty good when ya get home from work after a long day and all ya wanna do is kick yer feet up and have a cold one. One of my cheapest ($28 for a 5 gallon batch or about 50 cents per bottle) is one of my favorites for summer beer. Alcohol isn't so stupid that I wanna go all bunta and try to fly off my deck, and it's got some citrus in it that seems to help curb the 'thirsties'. I've done the original many times, but have added some lemon peel to it on occasion to get a combo citrus of orange and lemon. Fair dinkum after a hot day in the yard.

Think I'm gonna order some bulk supplies to get some bottles filled up for the summer and get some stock put on the shelves. The recipe is stoopid simple and the boil is only 30 minutes. Low ABV, good back-porch drinkin'. I think I managed to get some southern and southernER slang in this one. Heh heh.​
I have to admit I have come to appreciate some simple low abv beers recently. My buddy made a cream ale....just added a little lemongrass and.....what a crushable beer.

I need to do an "Red Alert Ale Red X and melanoidan malt and a bit of white wheat for head retention. Maybe Friday night.

Next up for me will be another English Bitter. This one using London III yeast. I also got some invert 2 and first gold. Who knows when. Little league plus my high school sport duties do not leave lots of time

Working on BF to create a "Plan B" mini-stout blender for the Witbier i ruined. I'm thinking a stovetop BIAB about 1.25-1.5 gallons. Hopefully will blend well in the keg to create a Belgian Stout in the 5.8%range after dumping a gallon of Wit.

Well our home brewers group decided to do a Covid 2022 Lockdown brew. Ingredients are Maris Otter, Rye Malt, Special B and Strata Hops and HBC 472 hops. Yeast is open and you get to use one more ingredient of your choice. I was thinking a Double Red Rye IPA but now...... I was also considering using Philly Sour and some kind of fruit like cherry. Anyone got any ideas or suggestions? I have S-04, US-05, Verdant, and Philly Sour yeast. I suppose I could get another yeast but I don't have that many choices or time.

My anxiety leads me to publish this post. Tomorrow I will look for what is necessary to try to repeat it. It all starts from the fact that I have nothing left of this batch and really a Stout that I can share with my wife. And that after enjoying other varieties. In solitude. I have to repeat it.;)
20220427_222945.jpg

Chocolate, coffee, malt, cocoa does not fail.
But let's go to the most technical.
This color would not know how to give.
But 6.2% alcohol, IBU 29.
Belgian Malta, and rest Pela ale.
Yeast Lellemand . Lupulo Belgaen flower not in pellets

My anxiety leads me to publish this post. Tomorrow I will look for what is necessary to try to repeat it. It all starts from the fact that I have nothing left of this batch and really a Stout that I can share with my wife. And that after enjoying other varieties. In solitude. I have to repeat it.;)
View attachment 20452

Chocolate, coffee, malt, cocoa does not fail.
But let's go to the most technical.
This color would not know how to give.
But 6.2% alcohol, IBU 29.
Belgian Malta, and rest Pela ale.
Yeast Lellemand . Lupulo Belgaen flower not in pellets
Nice and clear!

My next brew is the one I’m brewing today - Azacca Wheat Ale, to which I will be adding some tangerine rind (without the pith) in the boil, and some more soaked in vodka near the end of primary.

Back