What's your next brew

Hmmm, mean what with this saying do you?

And I meant Shakespeare, of course!

Simple Pale Ale or a Cream Ale, haven't decided. But with an 8.2% ABV my Lemon Drop Saison ain't much of a session beer. Went from 1.060 down to 0.980 in 10 days. Thank god it's done fermenting. The QA/QC sample (checking for ABV of course ;)) tasted delicious, but wow... First time with Saison yeast (Wyeat 3711). Attenuation is at 103%.o_O

A golden Ale with Willamette hops.Just starting to heat my strike water. Took the braid out of my MLT and turned the elbow so it almost touches the bottom. Trying the new brew bag in the MLT. Testing with water it drained all but about 1/2 cup out.

A golden Ale with Willamette hops.Just starting to heat my strike water. Took the braid out of my MLT and turned the elbow so it almost touches the bottom. Trying the new brew bag in the MLT. Testing with water it drained all but about 1/2 cup out.
mines off to the side in my kettle and i find my self tilting it every brew now so was actually thinking of directing it to the middle. i brew in keg.

mines off to the side in my kettle and i find my self tilting it every brew now so was actually thinking of directing it to the middle. i brew in keg.

Mine is about an inch away from the side, but I have a flat bottom kettle. I boiled more vigorously today and ended up with about a quart more wort and 2 or 3 points higher than normal expectation. Looks like the bag is a plus.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/632719/homeroast-ipa
just wipped this up brewing this morn my hops didnt show up for it so its summit simcoe IPA with home roast malt. let me know if ya think it stinks:).
20180407_094506.jpg

my diy roast malt looks more like chocolate malt thats caramunich 2 on top.
20180407_102810.jpg

Last edited:
Going to brew up an apa tomorrow or Sunday. I've got hops that need to be used in a big way. I'm on call for the next week which pretty much puts me on the wagon...might as well take the opportunity to get ahead of the game while I can. Tired of kicking kegs with nothing on deck.

Spinning up a starter of Wyeast 1056 tomorrow night for a Cream Ale brewday on Sunday. Gotta brew some lower ABVs. The Saison that’s in cold crash is topping out at 8.19% ABV.

Spinning up a starter of Wyeast 1056 tomorrow night for a Cream Ale brewday on Sunday. Gotta brew some lower ABVs. The Saison that’s in cold crash is topping out at 8.19% ABV.
yep that is a show stopper for me as in one and i feel it. my saison came in around 5.5% nothing like a great smashable session beer i recon.

Just picked up a couple of packets of 34/70 and have a pound of Belma that's been unopened in the freezer for a couple of years. Thinking some Lagers to start the summer off. Anybody tried a Belma/Cluster Lager?

Have a Kolsch fermenting now. Brewing a Gose next. Going to blend the Kolsch and Gose to try to mimick the Sea Quench from Dogfish.

I'm going to go with the Dampfbier, open-fermented in a bucket with a loose-fitting lid. It's a test, gentlemen, wish me well....

I'm going to go with the Dampfbier, open-fermented in a bucket with a loose-fitting lid. It's a test, gentlemen, wish me well....
Good choice and good luck!

Bringing water to boil for decanting to match decanted munich for festbier which will brew this evening or tomorrow morning. 1gallon starters are ready and waiting

Getting a Mango Milkshake IPA ready to go in next couple days as well as my Mad Hatter Brown Ale

Back