What's your next brew

Something hazy with a metric ton of whirlpool hops.
Glad you specified: Would have hated to hear you'd stopped at 2,000 pounds of hops.... ;-)

(A metric ton is 2,204 pounds US)

Something hazy with a metric ton of whirlpool hops.

here ya go try this

Electric Hop Candy NEIPA

7.6 lb Domestic 2-Row Malt (32.5%)
7.6 lb Maris Otter Malt (32.5%)
3.5 lb Pale (or White) Wheat Malt (15.0%)
3.5 lb Flaked Oats (15.0%)
1.2 lb Honey Malt 25L (5.1%)
1 oz Warrior Hops (16.0%) - added first wort*, boiled 60 min [14.0 IBU]
1 Whirlfloc Tablet (Irish moss) - added during boil, boiled 15 min
2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [8.8 IBU]
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [8.6 IBU]
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [7.6 IBU]
2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes

2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30768

Time to figure out my next few brews. Weighing out grain for what I would like to brew this weekend if weather allows. Discovered that I only have 2 or 3 lbs. of base malt left. I usually figure 4 or 5 brews around a sack of base malt and fill in the blanks with everything else to brew them. Need to get to work on that.

here ya go try this

Electric Hop Candy NEIPA

7.6 lb Domestic 2-Row Malt (32.5%)
7.6 lb Maris Otter Malt (32.5%)
3.5 lb Pale (or White) Wheat Malt (15.0%)
3.5 lb Flaked Oats (15.0%)
1.2 lb Honey Malt 25L (5.1%)
1 oz Warrior Hops (16.0%) - added first wort*, boiled 60 min [14.0 IBU]
1 Whirlfloc Tablet (Irish moss) - added during boil, boiled 15 min
2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [8.8 IBU]
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [8.6 IBU]
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - added during boil, boiled 5 min [7.6 IBU]
2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - added after boil, steeped at 180F for 30 minutes

2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - dry hop #1 (added at high krausen, 1 day after pitching yeast)
2 oz Citra Hops (14.1%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)
2 oz Australian Galaxy Hops (13.8%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)
2 oz Mosaic Hops (12.2%) - dry hop #2 (added in brite tank, steeped for 3 days)

http://www.theelectricbrewery.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30768

I’ve made that one, it’s not bad. I’ll be dropping the honey malt out of next one.

with beer stocks pretty high atm and my reducing of weekday consumption ive been able to stock my pipeline properly
got a starter made up and spinning up yeasties for my Hefe
next weekend its a lagerfest so getting a marzen and dunkel brewed up and i'll be patient enough to actually lager them long enough to fully develop .
Autumn has arrived so after that it'll be slightly darker more malt driven brews like ESB or amber ales

so yes i changed mind on my next brew not totally but dropped her down a few SRM or lovibond and lightened the hop profile to try and examplify the small amount of passionfruit and because i didnt want any caramel flavours crowding out the brew. im mashing low and letting tye yeast go on this one from 21c for 1 day then turn the stc up to 30c!
not fully locked in on this one i dont want it too thin hence the wheat and munich the rye is left over and thought itd go well in this brew. let me know what yas think?
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/618544/little-saison

Almost out of 2 row. Need to get some grains. Thinking about 4 or 5 Pale Ales and Session IPAs.

my plan was a very hoppy pale ale but I'm liking the Vienna blond so much I'm thinking of making an amber just like it, I'm in a pinch Ill run out of beer before my English pub beer is ready so trying to keep the complications down and use the same yeast cake for the amber

my plan was a very hoppy pale ale but I'm liking the Vienna blond so much I'm thinking of making an amber just like it, I'm in a pinch Ill run out of beer before my English pub beer is ready so trying to keep the complications down and use the same yeast cake for the amber
it should be primed and ready to go then Oz

so yes i changed mind on my next brew not totally but dropped her down a few SRM or lovibond and lightened the hop profile to try and examplify the small amount of passionfruit and because i didnt want any caramel flavours crowding out the brew. im mashing low and letting tye yeast go on this one from 21c for 1 day then turn the stc up to 30c!
not fully locked in on this one i dont want it too thin hence the wheat and munich the rye is left over and thought itd go well in this brew. let me know what yas think?
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/618544/little-saison

I like a touch of honey malt to help bring the fruit out. If not that bit of sweetness, the fruit gets lost in the saison yeast. The Munich might be enough but would need to mash a little higher temp maybe?

I like a touch of honey malt to help bring the fruit out. If not that bit of sweetness, the fruit gets lost in the saison yeast. The Munich might be enough but would need to mash a little higher temp maybe?
last two runs with this yeast it gave me 85% attenuation ive got no honey malt and havnt seen it for sale here in aus. yes i should bring the mash temp back up as per last brews they had great mouthfeel and fullness to them. nothing worse than a thin cat piss type beer:eek:.

Some NE IPA i dream up while buying supplies
probably
10# 2 row
1.5# oatmeal
ect

Got 3 oz Citra, 3 oz Cascade and a bittering hop

last two runs with this yeast it gave me 85% attenuation ive got no honey malt and havnt seen it for sale here in aus. yes i should bring the mash temp back up as per last brews they had great mouthfeel and fullness to them. nothing worse than a thin cat piss type beer:eek:.

I just like a little malt sweetness to accentuate the fruit it seems to help it stand out. The Munich may do the trick for you.

Dry Dock Apricot Blonde. It's a request - I normally won't touch the stuff.,

Back