What's your next brew

My next brew will be water!
Doing a "wet" dry run to work out my indoor brewing process. It has been so long since I last brewed that I am actually excited to basically brew some water!

Me too but not brewing the water. just drinking it and thinking about brewing beer!:(

I've been going all over the place deciding on my next brew. From cream ale to wheat beer, to same grain bill as Bunyip, but less hops and only noble hops and back again.
Only one sort of constant, being I want to re-use thebry-97 slurry.
Currently I'm leaning towards a Speciale Belge (based on de koninck).
I'll brew tomorrow if the weather cooperates ;)

I've been going all over the place deciding on my next brew. From cream ale to wheat beer, to same grain bill as Bunyip, but less hops and only noble hops and back again.
Only one sort of constant, being I want to re-use thebry-97 slurry.
Currently I'm leaning towards a Speciale Belge (based on de koninck).
I'll brew tomorrow if the weather cooperates ;)

Same here, I'm trying to decide whether to make a Cream ale (a style that I haven't tried before), or an American amber but using Mandarina Bavaria for hops, and switching US05 for Lallemand Nottingham.

Same here, I'm trying to decide whether to make a Cream ale (a style that I haven't tried before), or an American amber but using Mandarina Bavaria for hops, and switching US05 for Lallemand Nottingham.
Keep us posted on that, I've got a ton of Mandarina I need to find a good use for.

Was thinking about a Germanish Pils...straight Avangard Pils with Mandarina early and Saaz late, then pitch it with M54.

One of my favorite hops!

I think I mentioned it elsewhere, but my next batch, and first batch in roughly 1-1/2 years will be a partial mash version of @Trialben 's Bunyip. I'm already thinking about the batch after that, which I believe will be a Black IPA partial mash recipe
Mate I must admit I'm flattered to be the first after such a long hiatus :p!

Maybe it's something to do with his dads yeast allergy to lager yeast? @Bulin's Milker Bucket Brews
That would be correct. According to the "Yeast Master" list it's the same as Mauribrew 497 Lager, Wyeast 1007 German Ale, and Danstar Koln Kolsh...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vx2DIKDmrEQJ36tLRBmmya7Jo/edit#gid=1846233287

Picked up the M54 because I've had off flavors from my last couple batches made with Mauri 497, thinking it may have somehow got contaminated(buy it in 500g packages and store in a mason jar, refridgerated). Going to use M54 for a couple to either confirm that or rule it out. I know it's TECHNICLY an ale yeast, but it is bottom fermenting and makes a really solid clean lager. Switched from pitching one pack each of 34/70 and Diamond Lager to Mauri 497 some time ago due to Dad's allergy to lager yeast. While not exactly the same, all three make a very nice clean lager given 3-4 weeks to sit at 34 degrees F.

That would be correct. According to the "Yeast Master" list it's the same as Mauribrew 497 Lager, Wyeast 1007 German Ale, and Danstar Koln Kolsh...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vx2DIKDmrEQJ36tLRBmmya7Jo/edit#gid=1846233287

Picked up the M54 because I've had off flavors from my last couple batches made with Mauri 497, thinking it may have somehow got contaminated(buy it in 500g packages and store in a mason jar, refridgerated). Going to use M54 for a couple to either confirm that or rule it out. I know it's TECHNICLY an ale yeast, but it is bottom fermenting and makes a really solid clean lager. Switched from pitching one pack each of 34/70 and Diamond Lager to Mauri 497 some time ago due to Dad's allergy to lager yeast. While not exactly the same, all three make a very nice clean lager given 3-4 weeks to sit at 34 degrees F.
I reference the spreadsheet from @dmtaylor all the time and have a bunch of notes jotted in the margins. Very useful that.

Thanks Dave!

This is mynnext batch
20230205_145630.jpg

18lt of Apple blackcurrent ontop of the ginger beer Windsor yeast cake.

Back