What are you drinking right now?

Wet hop cascade beer
20240308_173711.jpg

Nice light abv beer with some beautiful hop notes.

I'm impressed the oysters make it into the beer!
If it were me, they would get finished with the citra pale ale. Nice bar snack ;)
I've never had a raw oyster and I never plan to lol but I like that I can get locally farmed oysters from the Chesapeake Bay at my grocery store :)

60/-

with a Stout fermenting in the background.

View attachment 28775
Looks awesome!
next up for me is A 60 shilling followed by an 80 shilling using the slurry.
@Sunfire96 Scottish yeast is quite clean and lets the malt rule but doesn’t mute hops. I fond the shilling beers clean and drinkable with a bit of a caramel toffee thing but overal balanced. Mine are darker but there is a wide range. The 60 shilling typically is only around 15-20 ibu while the 80 goes up 25-30. Think a bitter without the late hops And low esters

That looks really nice. I haven't tried any shilling beers, how would you describe it?
Josh sums it up nicely. Definitely malt forward (Maris Otter), clean, crushable. Hops are a minor player. This one was a little off the wall, just MO, flaked corn and a bit of Roasted Barley for a touch of color. I think I took that recipe (or at least the idea for it) from the great blog, Shut Up About Barclay Perkins.

Josh sums it up nicely. Definitely malt forward (Maris Otter), clean, crushable. Hops are a minor player. This one was a little off the wall, just MO, flaked corn and a bit of Roasted Barley for a touch of color. I think I took that recipe (or at least the idea for it) from the great blog, Shut Up About Barclay Perkins.
Most are like that. Modern ones may have a touch of crystal. I went 90-95% Golden promise and rest crystal and roast

I've never had a raw oyster and I never plan to lol but I like that I can get locally farmed oysters from the Chesapeake Bay at my grocery store :)
I love my Gulf Coast oysters, but they are too damn expensive to enjoy more than once in a great while. And , yes, love a bucket of raw oysters. How many shells did you need at the homebrew level to get the salinity for the stout?

I love my Gulf Coast oysters, but they are too damn expensive to enjoy more than once in a great while. And , yes, love a bucket of raw oysters. How many shells did you need at the homebrew level to get the salinity for the stout?
I used 2 whole oysters (shells, meat, and brine) for a 4 gallon batch. One of these days I need to brew this side by side without the oysters to find out if they actually do anything

Back