What are you drinking right now?

The pride is Enola, PA. Usually not a fan of fruit beers, but I have to admit the grapefruit flavor pairs very well with hops.

IMG_0909.jpeg

image.jpg
My wife and I are enjoying an overnighter at the Oregon coast. We have tried unsuccessfully to get into this place at least 5 times - today we finally succeeded. At Homegrown Public House & Brewery in Florence, she is enjoying a Flo-Town Mimosa, while I am sipping a Sweet Kveik Hazy Pale Ale. Good refreshment after an invigorating hike in an old growth forest among the coastal sand dunes. Alright!

View attachment 27926My wife and I are enjoying an overnighter at the Oregon coast. We have tried unsuccessfully to get into this place at least 5 times - today we finally succeeded. At Homegrown Public House & Brewery in Florence, she is enjoying a Flo-Town Mimosa, while I am sipping a Sweet Kveik Hazy Pale Ale. Good refreshment after an invigorating hike in an old growth forest among the coastal sand dunes. Alright!
What a treat today was! After having missed out on this establishment every other time we had been through the small coastal town of Florence, today was a great opportunity that I am so glad we were able to take advantage of. The food was really good, my wife’s mimosas were spot on (Prosecco, a splash of Grand Marnier and cranberry juice), and my beers were quite good. I asked the bartender about the beer, and he got on his phone and messaged the brewer. When I was about halfway through my second beer, the bartender introduces me to the brewer, who just stopped in. We had a great conversation, and he encouraged me to continue my own pursuits in homebrewing. My wife and I look forward to visiting Homegrown again soon.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1307823/bluecap

English Bitter made on my new brewzilla with London 3, Marris, Munich, and Honey malt (accident, thought I had crystal on hand...) A little minerally and bitterness is a bit high, but still very quaffable. My goal for Fy24 is to stabilize a house bitter recipe, as my attempts over the years have been poor to say the least.

1704831928377.png

Wernesgruner Pils Legend. Not too shabby.

Hmm, guess it’s finally my turn to have problems with uploading photos. Had to edit this (without doing anything to it) and save it to upload it. Weird. Progress bar was unusually fast, but pic never showed. Very strange.
93401315-CFBF-4951-9831-85F11CEE17FB.jpeg

Last edited:

Back