What are you drinking right now?

Hot tea to warm my hands and innards. That under the weather thing hit me hard since Saturday night. It blows my mind how much crap can be expelled from one’s lungs and sinuses, and how dehydrated one can get while drinking well over a gallon of water per day in the wet PNW.

Sucking on a few of theze
Screenshot_20240110_180847_Gallery.jpg

Rice malt extract

Hot tea to warm my hands and innards. That under the weather thing hit me hard since Saturday night. It blows my mind how much crap can be expelled from one’s lungs and sinuses, and how dehydrated one can get while drinking well over a gallon of water per day in the wet PNW.
Take care of that, Herm. If that goes on for more than a few days, go see a doctor. Be extremely careful to avoid pneumonia. Every time you get pneumonia makes it easier to get it again. We've got respiratory bugs now that are extremely dangerous. You do a good bit of hiking and walking, so hopefully you'll kick this pretty quick. Keeping hydrated is certainly important, and can't hurt to load up on vitamins as well, particularly C, D, and K.

Get better soon.

Take care of that, Herm. If that goes on for more than a few days, go see a doctor. Be extremely careful to avoid pneumonia. Every time you get pneumonia makes it easier to get it again. We've got respiratory bugs now that are extremely dangerous. You do a good bit of hiking and walking, so hopefully you'll kick this pretty quick. Keeping hydrated is certainly important, and can't hurt to load up on vitamins as well, particularly C, D, and K.

Get better soon.
Thanks Mr. Roach, I hope to avoid pneumonia, which I got with a nasty bout of chicken pox way back when I was 16 - thought I was gonna die.

View attachment 27984Smooth Stout for my first beer since Saturday. This might help expel the evil spirits.
Oh that’ll get it done for sure. Relatively speaking time-wise, it wasn’t that long ago Stouts were considered nutritious and healthy. I’m not convinced they aren’t. I’d need to see the data.

On the last Zoom hangout I mentioned one perk of kegged beers was using a smaller glass for a short pour. This is one of my go to homebrew glasses, which I found at an antique shop. My guess is it's 12-14 oz (I could empirically find out, but where's the fun in that :D)
First is my Baltic Porter and 2nd is my current pale ale (McKenzie and Sasquatch hops)
20240110_185737.jpg
20240110_172604.jpg

Oh that’ll get it done for sure. Relatively speaking time-wise, it wasn’t that long ago Stouts were considered nutritious and healthy. I’m not convinced they aren’t. I’d need to see the data.
I feel less evil already, only half way through the glass. And it seems a little better hydrated and nourished, for what it’s worth :)

On the last Zoom hangout I mentioned one perk of kegged beers was using a smaller glass for a short pour. This is one of my go to homebrew glasses, which I found at an antique shop. My guess is it's 12-14 oz (I could empirically find out, but where's the fun in that :D)
First is my Baltic Porter and 2nd is my current pale ale (McKenzie and Sasquatch hops)
View attachment 27985View attachment 27986
The pale has cleared up considerably. That Porter looks pretty darn good too.

I feel less evil already, only half way through the glass. And it seems a little better hydrated and nourished, for what it’s worth :)
Well, there you have it. A good strong stout is the new cold medicine to be administered liberally and frequently.

If I have a good stout after dinner, it’s almost a sure bet I’ll be asleep in 20 minutes if I watch TV. Not only is it good for sinus/URIs it’s a wonderful sleep aid.

So when you gonna publish your findings with the AMA? You now have empirical data to support your theory.

View attachment 27985View attachment 27986
I was digging the normal glasses for a bit because I was still learning the carbonation secrets. A normal glass with a shitload of foam equals a half pour too LOL. The last one I did a better job with, but I started liking a little extra foam in the beer, but it is a fine line getting it like that.

Back