What are you drinking right now?

Red Winter Wheat

The color was a bit ham-fisted and 1450 didn’t drop as clear as it usually does (maybe it’s the wheat?), but this beer is super enjoyable. Getting a great floral presence from all Liberty hops and a nice crushable body from some craft malt Pale and Wheat.

Kegging that Porter in the background tomorrow morning.

IMG_1514.jpeg

Spectacular colour Megary

I had the pleasure of gifting my last two bottles of my one and only barleywine I've made and will make a 2018 model to my two craft beer loving guests at Christmas Time.

They drank one with me (I smelt it didn't drink it) they said it was as good if not better than the commercial version they had bought for Christmas!
I said can you still tastr any Oak in it which old mate rekons there was still a faint whisp.

Hopeing to make A Gluten Free counterpart sometime this year...

Spectacular colour Megary

I had the pleasure of gifting my last two bottles of my one and only barleywine I've made and will make a 2018 model to my two craft beer loving guests at Christmas Time.

They drank one with me (I smelt it didn't drink it) they said it was as good if not better than the commercial version they had bought for Christmas!
I said can you still tastr any Oak in it which old mate rekons there was still a faint whisp.

Hopeing to make A Gluten Free counterpart sometime this year...
That would be legendary. A gluten free BW! Would love to see you give that a go.

Have to say, an annual Barleywine, despite all the extra time and effort, is my most anticipated brew day of the year. I enjoy making them, and even more so, drinking them!

That would be legendary. A gluten free BW! Would love to see you give that a go.

Have to say, an annual Barleywine, despite all the extra time and effort, is my most anticipated brew day of the year. I enjoy making them, and even more so, drinking them!
Ricewine ;) maybe with a small percentage of buckwheat and rice malt extract or some Amber homemade candy syrup to fill in any efficiency issues.
I'll still throw some toasted Oak chips in for an extended soak to take on some of that barrel flavour yes I can almost taste it now!

Ricewine ;) maybe with a small percentage of buckwheat and rice malt extract or some Amber homemade candy syrup to fill in any efficiency issues.
I'll still throw some toasted Oak chips in for an extended soak to take on some of that barrel flavour yes I can almost taste it now!
so barrel aged sake? :cool:

image.jpg

A pretty rare occurrence when my wife asks for a homebrew. Smooth Stout for her, West Coast IPA for me.
Fire is good on a day when it did stayed well below freezing all day, and another night below 20F.
I got some of the ice broken away from our front deck and walkway, and paths cleared to both sides of the car. Unfortunately, the car doors are frozen shut, and the street is an ice rink, so nobody is going anywhere until things thaw.

Back