What are you drinking right now?

I gave my simple cider a try last night. Never having had any before I really didn't know exactly what it was susposed to taste like. Different, but no problem finishing the glass. It didn't carb up very well, prety flat.
I used 1/2 tsp sugar per 12 ounce bottle. Must need more sugar for carbonation.
My experience is it tastes like fizzy, boozy cider, lol. I like the sour varieties.

Give it more time, maybe it finish up

Cragunitas
20230405_183728.jpg

Side by side, super interesting!
I forget where I found this self proclaimed clone recipe, probably 4 years ago... here are my side by side comparison:
ABV, basically the same
Color, close enough to say, close enough, no?
Lagunitas is slightly clearer, and has a thinner mouth feel, credit hop rates I presume...
Malt flavor, and aroma are very similer
Lagunitas comes across pretty quickly as more bitter, but Cragunitas has a smoother, more sustained bitterness, which oddly in the end makes it seem like the more bitter drop.
Lagunitas has a far superior hop aroma (I must work on that).
At the end of the day, if I were me, I wouldn't change a thing. If I were Lagunitas I would want to to discuss my recipe with me:rolleyes:
20230405_210057.jpg

Well not right now but last night. Nice and smooth.
View attachment 24952
Now I have seen some of that I can be certain it is what the 'Triple' I bought from aldi is cloned on. I had one this afternoon so fresh in the memory. Theirs is slightly paler. It is very smooth, but...they haven't got the clarity anywhere near this standard.

MyDSC2S1-060.jpg

My budget medium sweet country cider. Been making this kit with various tweaks for years. This batch bottled June 2022. ABV: 7.5%. I opened this 2 litre bottle two days ago and it has maintained much of its carbonation (not showing well in the photo at least not with my eyesight). Clarity also not quite done justice due to the condensation. Anyway it is taste that counts most of course. Mouthfeel just begging out for some strong cheddar (on its way with the top up). Body has real depth not just for a cheapo. Now somewhat dryer and better for it. Very refreshing super chilled. Glad I saved a few of these. They are right when they say be patient. Looking forward to having some of this with loads of ice in the height of summer.

MyDSC2S1-061.jpg

Happy Easter everybody!
Irish Extra Stout bottled New Year's Day.
ABV: 5.5%
Very dark, couldn't see much different going on in there holding up directly to light. Sediment undisturbed.
Unlike the previous although different type of bottle, carbonation more fierce but the head dissipated very quickly.
Malt and bitterness have matured closer together. Noticeably more dry and lasting aftertaste has developed too.
Well that's proceedings off to a decent start for me.

Went to a brewery tonight, tasted the tap room manager's first attempt at a recipe, realized she f ing nailed it and had to bring some home. When people are too nutty these days, a well designed Pale Ale and some very old Ultravox in the headphones make the world a better place for a little while
20230407_195038.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 24961
Happy Easter everybody!
Irish Extra Stout bottled New Year's Day.
ABV: 5.5%
Very dark, couldn't see much different going on in there holding up directly to light. Sediment undisturbed.
Unlike the previous although different type of bottle, carbonation more fierce but the head dissipated very quickly.
Malt and bitterness have matured closer together. Noticeably more dry and lasting aftertaste has developed too.
Well that's proceedings off to a decent start for me.
Mine just kicked a few days ago. Looks like a great one

Back