What are you drinking right now?

Yes, London's Pride and Old Speckled Hen are awesome. Have yet to try Hobgoblin.
Oh man you have too! It’s malty awesomeness. Great English yeast character as well. If a Bitter and brown ale had a baby it would it hahaha. My Ruby ale is inspired by it.

Big fan of Boddington's. Especially on nitro on tap

Here's my Munich 1 and Citra SMaSH. Even maltier than the Vienna, but not as sweet. Very crisp in the finish.
View attachment 22262
I’m glad you taste that too, the Vienna and Munich. It’s the opposite of what I though it would be but that’s what I tasted as well.

Boddingtons on draft is superb

You mean some bitters are bitter and some bitters aren't? :confused: Just when I thought I knew what I was talking about! :p
You my man would know much more about the subject than I ;)
English Bitters are far from my usual brewing vocabulary.
Now pilsner or pale lagers now that more dear to my heart ;)

First a Cascade Saison, followed by a Spalt/Tradition Saison.
Definitely favour the latter (in the pic). Less bitter, even though IBU's are the same (and same timings of hop addition).
Just a bit more complex, maybe fruity, according to my taste buds.
Unfortunately, after this one, only one bottle left (cute bottle, ain't it)
IMG_20220912_173851.jpg

Sitting on the deck having a Rapier Wit with about 30 Ruby Throated hummingbirds buzzing around like miniature F35s having dog fights. Migration south has started and we get the most hummers when they go back south. Most don’t seem to mind humans around. They’ll get right in your face. We’ll have a bunch for about 3 weeks, then time to clean the feeders and put ‘em away. We try not to delay them, despite enjoying their company. It’s a long way across the Gulf for a tiny little bird.
Gorgeous afternoon (except for the skeeters). Autumn is in the air. Almost time for open windows and frog song for a lullaby. Gotta love autumn in the south.

View attachment 22295 After completion of our electrical work, we ventured out for libations and groceries, landing at Viking Braggot Company. While she enjoys a flight, I’m drinking Maelstrom Cascadian Dark Ale.
I envy you that you are in the only part of the world that gets to call it a Cascadian Dark Ale :)

I think I’m in love…. Not had this in a few years. It is close to the Ruby ale I just kicked but, there is this Yorkshire yeast thing that is hard to get and the dryness. I’m going to go for that next brew. My Ruby ale was inspired by hobgoblin though which is a much different taste than this one
13FA12C1-0178-41F1-91A5-D52026E15B93.jpeg

I think I’m in love…. Not had this in a few years. It is close to the Ruby ale I just kicked but, there is this Yorkshire yeast thing that is hard to get and the dryness. I’m going to go for that next brew. My Ruby ale was inspired by hobgoblin though which is a much different taste than this one View attachment 22297
Can you harvest any yeast if any from the cans?

Can you harvest any yeast if any from the cans?
Not sure…it’s pretty clear I bet they filter. Although English yeast especially Yorkshire yeast is flocculant. I they don’t bottle condition either. I’ll look out for Yorkshire yeast when the weather gets better to try to get closer. Verdant is what I’ll use next most likely. It has the fruitiness but doesn’t taste the same obviously.

edit their website lists ingredients, not specify obviously. Some list carbon dioxide and some don’t. The brown it does. The India Ale, which I also have doesn’t. Maybe I’ll sacrifice one to see if I can harvest…

this s what I need though https://www.whitelabs.com/yeast-single?id=123&type=YEAST&style_type=0

Last edited:
I think I’m in love…. Not had this in a few years. It is close to the Ruby ale I just kicked but, there is this Yorkshire yeast thing that is hard to get and the dryness. I’m going to go for that next brew. My Ruby ale was inspired by hobgoblin though which is a much different taste than this one View attachment 22297
I used to love that stuff. Gotta get some soon.

As a teenager my friends were into miller nips and Michelob, and I was buying stuff like this. They all thought I was weird.

Maybe they were right.

There’s a nut brown with roasted pecans you should try. Made in Mississippi. Very yummy.

Back