What are you drinking right now?

Cascade Saison...
They are growing on.me, or maybe they just like a longer bottle conditioning
IMG_20220909_163647.jpg

Munich Lager
View attachment 22214
Very happy with how this has turned out !
I like the splash of eclipse wheat to darken it too.
Not to sweet well ballanced malty and lingering on the pallet.
I'm proud of this one:).
Beauty, mate. That’s almost enough encouragement to buy airline tix to DownUnder. We might figure out a Christmas trip. Hard to travel that far with a teenager (my granddaughter) still in school. That’s a long tough trip from Alabama. I know, I’ve done it 14 times in the last 23 years. 36 hours nonstop travel, mostly in the air. But we’re thinking of going via Brissy to see the SIL, then down to SA to see the rest of the family. That’s a perfect time to meet up and have a pint or two.

Beauty, mate. That’s almost enough encouragement to buy airline tix to DownUnder. We might figure out a Christmas trip. Hard to travel that far with a teenager (my granddaughter) still in school. That’s a long tough trip from Alabama. I know, I’ve done it 14 times in the last 23 years. 36 hours nonstop travel, mostly in the air. But we’re thinking of going via Brissy to see the SIL, then down to SA to see the rest of the family. That’s a perfect time to meet up and have a pint or two.
The "SIL" what's that stand for?
Yeah man that keg won't last long.

Hey if you do by chance head over to Brisvagas and think of hitting the Aussie Zoo I'm just up the road beers on me if so;).

The "SIL" what's that stand for?
Yeah man that keg won't last long.

Hey if you do by chance head over to Brisvagas and think of hitting the Aussie Zoo I'm just up the road beers on me if so;).
Sister In Law. Her and hubby live in Buderim. That’ll make it a bit easier to meet up. We went to the zoo just before Steve Irwin died. He was actually in the States when were there, so only got to see the staff testing Darwin’s Theory of Selectivity with Agro in the Croc pits. He was a big boy then. Can only imagine how big he is now.

What's your thoughts on this Josh please?
These fancy bottles always make wonder if their worth buying.

I bought old peculiar one year for a sample but travelling all the way to Aus I think it was a tad oxidised.

Here my beautiful lager man it is that malty you can smell the malt when your pouring it.
20220911_152343.jpg

And this here be bunyip WP Talus -Citra -Mosaic/ DRy hopped - Mosaic
20220911_154447.jpg

Bry 97 @Megary
See it stays cloudy but I'll flick a pic in two weeks but with the hops it may just stick around.
I couldn't cold crash this batch it was fermented at ambient uncontrolled temp.

Last edited:

I bought old peculiar one year for a sample but travelling all the way to Aus I think it was a tad oxidised.
Here my beautiful lager man it is that malty you can smell the malt when your pouring it.
View attachment 22240
That lager looks awesome Ben.
There is big yeast character from Samuel Smith, fruity esters galore. I even taste it though the dark malts of their oatmeal Stout and at addy Porter. I do not taste any oxidation with the Stout or the Indian Pale I had the other day. The India Pale of course tastes nothing like an American IPA. This one is very little in the way of dry hopping character or even much late hopping, although I’m sure they do. The Stout was super tasty. Nothing like a dry Irish stout. This one is “chewy”. Nice coffee aftertaste. Bittersweet chocolate as well.
If you want super English yeast characteristics these will make you happy!

Last edited:

View attachment 22240
And this here be bunyip WP Talus -Citra -Mosaic/ DRy hopped - Mosaic
View attachment 22241
Bry 97 @Megary
See it stays cloudy but I'll flick a pic in two weeks but with the hops it may just stick around.
I couldn't cold crash this batch it was fermented at ambient uncontrolled temp.
Yeah, maybe it is the hops that are keeping that one from clearing up. And really, it’s not like I never had a beer not clear with BRY. :D Doesn’t really matter though, your beers look awesome and I’m sure they taste great.

Back